HDi De-CAT Exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi De-CAT Exhaust
I'm giving some thought to deCating my exhaust for a free'er flowing item in preparation of a remap in the near future. I'm planning on simply replacing the CAT with a deCAT pipe and a Sportex backbox. Are the Ebay ones OK?

Can someone confirm the centre box is NOT a hindrance on the flow through the exhaust? I'm guessing yes, given it is used as a replacement backbox for some.

I'll keep the CAT in-case my MOTer fails it on the new rules. They're fairly flexible though and certainly not anal, so here's hoping.
Thanks given by:
You got itspot on i reckon buddy, centre isnt restrictive really just dampens a bit of noise
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not that loud without a centrebox mate i have a stright through and if you drive it sensibly it isnt loud round town or as a daily Smile
Thanks given by:
Exactly what i am thinking just had the decat fitted just want a sportex box now... standard tailpipe is quite rusty and it was only fitted in new year Rolleyes
  2001 Onyx Black 306 HDi Dturbo
[Image: 37c8a52a-43f7-4f95-b11a-9e912fe2446a_zpsf69cda28.jpg]
Thanks given by:
2.5 inch straight pipe sounds pretty good with a remap. Better than havin the middle box still in anyway.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by: