Borg and Beck Clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borg and Beck Clutch
Hi,

I was wondering if any off you lot had any experience with Borg and Beck clutches?

I found there is one fitted to the estate today and I was wondering if they're any good?
Thanks given by:
Borg and Beck a few years ago were an excelent name dont know about recent years though
Thanks given by:
As said always used to be good

Id have no issues driving a car with one fitted
Thanks given by:
Yea borg and beck is good, have been using there brake pads lately and there dead on.
Thanks given by:
Awesome thanks guys, I'll leave it in then.

I did feel it was a bit juddery but I think that might have been more to do with the loose top mount then the clutch now.

I was having difficulty getting the cover plate off as some monkey had over tightened the torx screw.

The clutch was starting to get heavy but I've found the cable to be damaged and the release bearing wasn't sliding every well because something was gumming up the way it slides across the input shaft tube.

Going to clean that up tomorrow, put some new fork bushes and a new cable to see if that makes it feel any better.
Thanks given by:
New fork bushes will make a huge difference! I couldn't change them on the china, and the clutch is still a bit crap. Changed them on the moonstone and soooo much smoother lol!

The fork/arm pin is a right bugger to get out of the BE4 box though!
Thanks given by:
part of the same company as First Line who do cables and suspension bits ad i like the first line stuff.

Obviously it aint gonna be as good as a Valeo but you get what you pay for
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2014, 08:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: New fork bushes will make a huge difference! I couldn't change them on the china, and the clutch is still a bit crap. Changed them on the moonstone and soooo much smoother lol!

Not if you have a m7x1 pitch nut it isn't!

I ordered some m7 nut of ebay but the bastards turned out the be the wrong pitch thread, luckily I had the right tap at work so tapped a m6 nut to the right size and made a puller out of a spacer with that nut.

(19-04-2014, 08:47 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: part of the same company as First Line who do cables and suspension bits ad i like the first line stuff.

Obviously it aint gonna be as good as a Valeo but you get what you pay for

Did a search earlier and found them on ebay for around £200!
Thanks given by:
Try euro car parts with club discount for a Valeo clutch, brings it in just under £100 IIRC
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2014, 09:35 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(19-04-2014, 08:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: New fork bushes will make a huge difference! I couldn't change them on the china, and the clutch is still a bit crap. Changed them on the moonstone and soooo much smoother lol!

I ordered some m7 nut of ebay but the bastards turned out the be the wrong pitch thread, luckily I had the right tap at work so tapped a m6 nut to the right size and made a puller out of a spacer with that nut.

Tried this, stripped the threads on 2 different 'boxes!

So this time left it soaking in plusgas overnight, then used mole grips and smacked them backwards with a lump hammer. Still took a lot of effort compared to the 1.8's BE3 arm pin!
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2014, 10:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(19-04-2014, 09:35 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:

Tried this, stripped the threads on 2 different 'boxes!

So this time left it soaking in plusgas overnight, then used mole grips and smacked them backwards with a lump hammer. Still took a lot of effort compared to the 1.8's BE3 arm pin!

TRUST me they've gotta be easier!!!!

If the pin is easy in and out, fine, when that arm siezes, it's a total whore, had to get the burning bottles on mine and wreck basically new fork bushes due to the heat. And even then it was a total arsefuckwit.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Borg & Beck supply oem clutches for some manufactures, fit with confidence as should be more than up to spec
Thanks given by:
Bringing back a old thread. Would that clutch hold limited torque stage2?
[Image: 13073041_458228241037318_1249062425_o_zpsoh6qf7gu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2016, 10:00 PM)tysonbully2k12 Wrote: Bringing back a old thread. Would that clutch hold limited torque stage2?

limited torque a standard valeo should hold. if you want a bit more but dont want to arse about with paddle a berlingo one is better i think
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Borg n beck all good! Go for it!

(14-04-2016, 10:17 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(14-04-2016, 10:00 PM)tysonbully2k12 Wrote: Bringing back a old thread. Would that clutch hold limited torque stage2?

limited torque a standard valeo should hold. if you want a bit more but dont want to arse about with paddle a berlingo one is better i think

Hey Tom, any joy with Lu's cars?
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2016, 10:17 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:

I've got the Sachs Berlingo on mine, but I'm sure it's now advertised for a standard 306 HDi too. No better than a new Valeo or similar as far as I know.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Our valeo is still holding on (3/4 years?), no signs of slippage - full fat stage 2.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 09:01 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Our valeo is still holding on (3/4 years?), no signs of slippage - full fat stage 2.

Genuinely don't know how that is possible dude haha!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 02:53 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 09:01 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Our valeo is still holding on (3/4 years?), no signs of slippage - full fat stage 2.

Genuinely don't know how that is possible dude haha!

Me to, haha!
Thanks given by:
Because the car isn't making full power Wink
Thanks given by:
It wasn't for around 3k? New MAF, boost leak fixed and it is again. Been S2 for well over 40k now, been on the full fat map for about 36k
Thanks given by: