Car tax hmmmm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car tax hmmmm
Ok, tax is up at the end of this month for the C5

No slip yet, so used log book and reg number to log in.

DVLA says car has no tax!

However, I do have a tax disc, which has the correctdetails and runs out 30/04/2014

Passed an ANPR camera car the other day too, wouldnt the 5-0 have appeared and ticketed me if the car showed up as no tax?

Should I worry?
Thanks given by:
Could be that the last owner reclaimed it via purchasing a duplicate disc
Thanks given by:
Thatll be on the system wont it? and he'll have had to return the disc to the DVLA?

So if I have a legit tax disc, the focus will shift to him?
Thanks given by:
Have you checked on the DVLA tax checker thing? Or is that what you're talking about?
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 07:23 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Have you checked on the DVLA tax checker thing? Or is that what you're talking about?

Went online to get new tax, is up at the end of the month according to disc

01/01/2013 is the date the DVLA says the licence is due!
Thanks given by:
Well that's more than a year out so its not even like its been claimed back. You sure you put the right reg in? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah, needed the reg and doc reference number from the logbook, if they didnt match im sure the DVLA wouldnt have let me continue!

Doing a tax check now on RJ52 XKG

The date is 16/12/2013, which is the date I bought the car

Ok phoned the DVLA

Tax is showing (the disc i've got is legit)
Car was also registered SORN

My new tax is showing, but will start a month earlier (meaning i've paid for 12 months and got 11)

Was thinking about it, itll be to do with this new insurance/tax nonsense. I had it when I sold my saab, basically you cant have a car that is taxed but not insured. A car with no insurance HAS to be SORN

When I wanted to transfer insurance from Saab to citroen, I had to SORN Saab first or insurance wouldnt swap it over, said I'd get a fine.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 08:18 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: When I wanted to transfer insurance from Saab to citroen, I had to SORN Saab first or insurance wouldnt swap it over, said I'd get a fine.

They should swap it anyway...it's up to you whether you risk or not, not them! Personally I have left cars taxed for a week or so between insurance and not had an issue so far...
Thanks given by: