Plastic V Metal Cambelt pulleys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic V Metal Cambelt pulleys
Hi Guys

I have heard you can get both metal and plastic cambelt pulleys for the 2l HDI. Does anyone know the difference / advantages/disadvantages of each?

Ordered a Cambelt kit just recently but the sent me the wrong one. Thats gone back now and they have refunded me so I thought I would take a look at some other options. Anyone know a good place to get a good / not overpriced cambelt kit? What are good makes? Any to avoid?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Iv never heard of plastic cambelt pulleys, are you sure your not thinking of plastic/metal water pump impellors? Smile

As for cambelt kits, try and stick to the bigger well known brands, Gates and Dayco are quite popular Smile
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Iv never heard of plastic cambelt pulleys, are you sure your not thinking of plastic/metal water pump impellors? Smile

As for cambelt kits, try and stick to the bigger well known brands, Gates and Dayco are quite popular Smile

SKF is a good one to go for (ECP sell these).

They are just Gates in different packaging, Gates is still stamped all over the components 8-)
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Iv never heard of plastic cambelt pulleys, are you sure your not thinking of plastic/metal water pump impellors? Smile

SKF is a good one to go for (ECP sell these).

They are just Gates in different packaging, Gates is still stamped all over the components 8-)

Is who i work for ninja
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
I think he mean crank pulleys? They come in billet and plastic 3 piece

Only disadvantage of the metal one is cost
But theyre much better they dont break easy and lighter too :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers Guys,

Yeah I was barking up the wrong tree on the plastic ones I think. Got a Dayco Cambelt kit on the way.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metal intake pipe to turbo pug306driver 0 648 01-06-2021, 08:06 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  2.0 HDI Cambelt Tensioner Plastic vs Metal Tom85 3 1,369 24-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Crank Pulleys JTaylor2005 18 4,219 10-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Poodle