Central locking problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central locking problem
Central locking via the fob isn't working, changed the Batteries in the fob, checked drivers side door loom, only way to get it to lock is to use the key. Checked all fuses. Any ideas?
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Phase 3? Might need re synchronising with pug plannet as it becomes unsynched pretty quick with no power to keep the code stored.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(13-04-2014, 07:06 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Phase 3? Might need re synchronising with pug plannet as it becomes unsynched pretty quick with no power to keep the code stored.

How do I do that lol
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Find someone with peugeot planet on here who's local who'll resynch the keys. You should have a blue credit card size card with numbers on and peugeot badge. That's the remote central locking pin. Need the key synched with that number. Then it should all work. If not peugeot will do it.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I have Peugeot Planet if you're coming over Lewis.... Haven't tried re-syncing any keys yet though lol.
Thanks given by:
Just make sure you have the code guys if not http://www.carkeycodes.co.uk

Use him ^ very quick response on text sorted mine out in 10 minutes Smile

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(13-04-2014, 07:06 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Phase 3? Might need re synchronising with pug plannet as it becomes unsynched pretty quick with no power to keep the code stored.

Not quite true. The pairing codes are not stored in a volatile memory so will never be lost when the battery has been off. Some times though it can go out of sync so you have to resync it which does not require peugeot planet. Its just a sequence to do with pressing the buttons and turning the key but i can't quite remember what you have to do lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2014, 09:30 PM)Niall Wrote:

Not quite true. The pairing codes are not stored in a volatile memory so will never be lost when the battery has been off. Some times though it can go out of sync so you have to resync it which does not require peugeot planet. Its just a sequence to do with pressing the buttons and turning the key but i can't quite remember what you have to do lol

Ah I was told by my friend who had his 1.4 phase 3 remote central locking re-paired by pug and the guy said was volatile and my mate watched him program the key with the car. Typed a code. Entered key and turned. Removed and did on second key. Then they worked. The resync button sequence works apparently only if you change the battery in time that information isn't loss. I'm just the messenger telling what peugeot told a mate who's told me. Obviously the old ir system was much easier to sort out when the plip wasn't working Sad if only method was the same. But do try the rf 306 method it's somewhere on the forum like Niall said. No luck for me. Luckily me and ozonehostile are getting our hands on a laptop with pugplanet on Big Grin see if it works or if it's bull. Can't hurt to try though.

Also he warned on pressing the buttons repeatedly when not in range of the car as this can also desynchronise too apparently.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,088 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,255 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,591 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306