How do people live with solid engine mount

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do people live with solid engine mount
Yeah seriously, I'm usually one for saying "Man up you big girl" - but frankly I had a set of BBM mounts on my DT and it was frankly pretty horific, anything below about 1200rpm used to resonate the crap out the car... I've been in a GTI6 with them in and I thought it was pretty terrible...

If it were me - GENUINE, NEW Peugeot mounts are far, far better than any "performance" mount I've tried... It's usually because you're comparing them to absolutely f*cked 13 year old 120k mile mounts, then you put on motorfactor parts which wear out in 10 minutes so the stock items get branded crap.

I don't know why, but near every HDi I've driven has frankly f*cking appalling throttle response, but they do, I mean literally, there's a so much damping going on in the mapping when you're not moving... I do know what CAR is on about to be fair, I don't agree that it would make it worse, but it definitely makes it shake like a lady garden for no real reason.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
MTFU. I had billet aluminium for a while. That was too much!

BBM ones, bitch please, stop being a pussy :p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 08:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Though your's aren't the kind of buckets I meant anyway, I meant the solid ones with harnesses...

Depends entirely on the buckets, the Corbeau's we used to run in the Fouquet were lovely, you could spend 2 days rallying and running back to service on the road in them and never have an ache or pain.
Those cheap 'venom' and all that ebay shit though - may as well kiss your spine goodbye.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 v6 engine mount spike2002 5 1,550 24-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Last Post: spike2002
  Best price on group N engine mount kit puglove 3 895 19-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Last Post: puglove