Tacho Wiring XUD/HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tacho Wiring XUD/HDi
Hi all, still dont have a working tacho on the 2.1TD. I know it worked when I was running the 2.1 off a HDi loom with the ECU attached but have now swapped to a ph2 loom.

I'm entirely certain that the issue is that the engine loom has 2 plugs for the NSF chassis leg but my car only has the 1 big plug there and then an extra plug on the ECU. I'd appreciate any wiring diagrams that show the pin outs of these 2 plugs so I can splice the appropriate wire/wires to make the tacho work. Haynes mentions nothing of tacho wiring.
Thanks given by:
Anyone? I'm proper stuck on this
Thanks given by:
Tachometer wiring is on the big plug mate. I'll have a look for you in a bit Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Really? Something has really gone wrong then.
Thanks given by:
Well I'm pretty sure that the body loom (the one that goes under the rad) is identical throughout all PH3s and everything on mine is on the big plug now with exception of the power supply. IIRC the only things that run through the top smaller plug are power supply to various bits and immobiliser wiring
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2014, 06:40 PM)Niall Wrote: Well I'm pretty sure that the body loom (the one that goes under the rad) is identical throughout all PH3s and everything on mine is on the big plug now with exception of the power supply. IIRC the only things that run through the top smaller plug are power supply to various bits and immobiliser wiring

Nah the ph3 looms are different between the early/late HDis

Early HDis had 2 on the chassis leg and one behind the ecu that only did the REGR and bollocks. This has a Full ECU plug (one of 3) out by the ecu and the big leg plug, no small one.

The only thing I've worked out from Haynes is the glow plug warning light lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shift light Tacho wires pcwork 6 2,368 10-02-2014, 04:43 AM
Last Post: pcwork
  Speedo, tacho and fuel gauge dead THE_Liam 5 1,244 19-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Last Post: karl1989