blaze d turbo newbie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blaze d turbo newbie
Hello ,

Well after buying a blaze D turbo as a sensible daily good mpg cheap insurance ect, I soon got bored.... Heard this is the best place for info (tuning,parts,and advice)

Hopefully see some of you at meets in the near future Smile
Thanks given by:
welcome along. get yourself reading the xud section and project threads. plenty of ideas for big power there Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help

As to big power only looking at a nice 150 170 bhp mark, its the daily so need to keep the mpg as I can only imagine over 200 it won't be great lol
Thanks given by:
easily achievable then mate from a few simple mods Smile a nice turbo and a straight though will help that one Smile
Thanks given by:
Just the turbo and front mount to go I think, Max fuel is up, turbos had a little play and decat, one more silence to remove from the exhaust as its shit it self an rattles

Would like to dyno it see roughly what its running now tho
Thanks given by:
sweet dealmate sounds good. turbo upgrade time then Tongue
Thanks given by:
When funds allow me to buy a nice charger........ But thinking may have head gasket problems coming stating to use a fair bit of water Sad so will get cambelt and headgasket done before big turbo........ What are. Gearbox mount turbos like ?
Thanks given by:
You want to do head gasket at same time as turbo change makes life easier to access turbo. Smile there's always ones on here for sale too.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2014, 05:25 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: You want to do head gasket at same time as turbo change makes life easier to access turbo. Smile there's always ones on here for sale too.

Yeah good point! Not the most accessible turbos on the xud lump! Managed to get my hand stuck when winding the turbo up :\ lol
Thanks given by:
only difference is mounting. same turbo setup etc but obviously you have to adapt the manifold to run round to the turbo mounted, and then back to the back of the engine. iirc it creates slight lag too
Thanks given by:
So no significant plus sides to mounting the turbo to the box then, just further for boost to travel is all I can see lol

Standard mount turbo then with a nice aftermarket turbo then Smile
Thanks given by:
you can only fit a limited amount of turbos down the back which is why people gearbox mount the big ones
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ratlook 306 d turbo newbie ;) parrotveasey81 22 8,350 24-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Last Post: puglove