steering wheel wobble

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steering wheel wobble
Hi when I bought my car it had an advisory for the n/s/f wheel bearing my car has now developed a fault where my steering wheel wobbles my gear stick shakes and it pulls to the left even after having the alignment done. Could the bearing be causing this?
Thanks given by:
So it has had an advisory to get the wheel bearing changed and you spent money having the alignment done before getting this issue sorted?

Without even seeing the car I'd be inclined to agree with the last MOT tester and reckon you should probably get the wheel bearing done!

Steering wobble / vibration can be caused by all manner of things in the suspension or drivetrain or even something as simple as wheel balancing (not so simple if your wheels are bent). Get the bearing done first and foremost though.

Try grabbing the wheel at 9 & 3 o'clock and give it a good shake, then try to wobble it in a vertical direction with your hands at the 12 o'clock position too. If it moves at all then chances are the bearing is knackered. You don't even need to jack the car up to check that, but it will make a more obvious movement.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The bearings gotta be pretty bad to cause a shake tbh, the annoying drone is usually long before that. If it is that bad get it sorted asap! Confused

Have you hit any kerbs or potholes lately? Check wishbone bushes, track rod ends etc... Wheel balancing is also possible, can swap front and rear wheels to check that, but wont cause a pull. Are you sure the alignment was done well? And is your beam knackered, because that'll put the alignment equipment out if so...

Oh, and I'm sure you have, but make sure all tyres are same PSi...a flat on the NSF could cause the issues you describe...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  steering wheel not straight after beam change/new tyres Iaitoo 16 3,290 13-06-2016, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  had my tracking done again today , and my steering wheel isnt straight jjenn20 22 4,872 10-04-2015, 07:15 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Wheel wobble annoyance :( Piggy 40 4,468 08-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi