whats stage 1+

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats stage 1+
Ive got a stage one hdi with a full stainless exhaust just wanted to know if its worth going for stage 1 + what are the gains???
Thanks given by:
Stage 1+ is just a stage 1 with a couple of extras bolted on and mapped to suit. It doesn't happen very often because it's not good value for money - i paid nearly £600 for the various fuel system components i've replaced and only gained about 10bhp on the map.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok so proberly not worth bothering then as im debating weather or not to intercool and go for stage 2 also has anyone used a rs turbo intercooler as the pipes come out the same side so should make for an easy fit
Thanks given by:
Not that i've ever seen, have you got measurements for it?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No havent got any measurements just thought they looked like a good design for the hdi
Thanks given by:
As I understand it, Stage 1+ is basically a Stage 1 map that's pushed a bit harder, typically more agressive ramp values and pushing the fuelling harder at top end. Means that you gain a little power and torque, the engine will be more willing to rev and hold a gear, at the expense of a small amount of smoke at full chat.

Stage 1+ doesn't need any bolt on parts - I'm running a JP Stage 1+ map on my otherwise standard HDi without issue, although it's fair to say that I'm sure it would benefit from a decat and more free flowing exhaust, both of which are on the to-do list.

Probably not worth it if you've already got a Stage 1 map and you'll have to pay full price for the map though.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I guess you're looking at the aftermarket ones, as that's the only twin-pass ones i can find on google..?

So you're running a stage 1 then, powerandtorque. lol "Stages" are just ways of describing basic levels of modding, ie a map and the associated supporting mods to get the best from said map, for example:
1: Map with no hardware changes, excepting minor changes like de-egr, de-restrict exhaust, etc.
2: Map supported with increased boost and fmic, often also bigger exhaust
3: Map for bigger turbo, fuel pump and higher rail pressure
4: Etc, etc, etc...

Hence why the occasional odd set-up like mine is referred to as stage 1+, it's just a phrase to explain all this - mapped to stage 1 level, but with higher fuel pressure and supporting R70 pump and 1800bar frps and accordingly an extra 5-10bhp, then intercooler and 2.5" straight-through added at a later point, etc - without having to write it all out every time lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So JP who wrote the map is wrong?

Beyond the basic premise of a Stage 1 and 2 map I'm not sure there really is much of a convention and one tuners idea of a plus map might be different to anothers. If JP describes and sells what I have a Stage 1+ map and it's different to a Stage 1 map in the ways I mention above, that's good enough for me to refer to it as the same.

If you disagree with that and have your own view in what consistutes a Stage 1 or 1+ map then that's also fine. As far as I'm aware, the 1800 bar FRPS is an option on any stage map along the supporting R70 pump to achieve the required rail pressure, the advantages well documented.

Either way, the OP can consider both viewpoints and make their own descision. In fact, I'd argue that they're best off of course discussing exactly what they want with the person who's writing the map for them.

To be honest, whether what I have is technically a St1 or 1+ makes little odds to me - all I care about is that it has dramatically improved the car and frankly was an utter bargain in terms of improvement for the money spent Smile
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Ok didn't mean to cause offence, just thought i'd explain why the phrase was originally coined - as a way of describing something that went beyond a stage 1 but didn't reach all the way to stage 2. If JP wants to use it to describe a heavy stage 1 that's up to him, i hadn't realised that was how he'd been marketing them. I didn't mean any criticism by it, was just trying to help explain things to the OP and yourself. It's all just words at the end of the day, they mean whatever the person saying them wants them to mean and nothing more or less. Smile

(04-04-2014, 01:57 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: To be honest, whether what I have is technically a St1 or 1+ makes little odds to me - all I care about is that it has dramatically improved the car and frankly was an utter bargain in terms of improvement for the money spent Smile

This is what's really important. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Don't worry, I'm not offended in the slightest Smile
Thanks given by: