De egr

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De egr
How do ladies? Right then, looking at getting my car front mounted so will want it de egr'd at the same time, anybody know of any de egr kits online?
+ when I eventually get it front mounted and de egr'd I won't be getting it mapped straight away as can't afford everything at the same time, if I have it front mounted on a stage 1 map will it start throwing up faults? It shouldn't theoretically should it as it will only be improving air flow but I know my car is French!
All help is appreciated Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Search egr blank on ebay, job done. Wink

You'll be fine running a stage 1 with intercooler, mine's been like it for six months without issue.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Running an intercooler wont cause any problems, maybe a little turbo lag as theres a bigger stystem to pressurise but i never noticed when i fitted mine, other than that its only going to cool the air meaning denser/ better air.

As for egr, its been covered before, either just squeeze a blanking plate between the egr and inlet or fit both blanking plates and remove the system completely (pig of a job with the engine in).
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the info lads Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
If you wont use it again then remove it completely. Use the original flange as a template then use it to seal the joint. Like this-

[Image: Screenshot_2014-04-05-18-46-31_zpsxcduazs5.png]
Thanks given by:
Easy to say when you've got the engine out the car. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: