Thanks given by:
Spoiler looking great need to find the time to redo mine at some point

Going to fcs/pugfest this year?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I'm trying to get willjspear to go to fcs so then he can give me a lift Wink
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 07:52 AM)7057sam Wrote: Spoiler looking great need to find the time to redo mine at some point

Going to fcs/pugfest this year?

yeah, looks ten times better, im slowly colour coding everything that has faded grey and spraying it black, got my slef some rallye blanks on the way, so will give me front grill a touch up when i fit them also.

wasnt really planning to coz i havnt actually given the '6' proper run yet, so not sure what it will be like, and if there might be any other niggles that will need sorting, but will wait and see,

(21-04-2014, 07:51 AM)daniel909 Wrote: Oh yeah forgot you said that did you do the clutch cable in the end Smile

nah not yet, i think mike best has given me the wrong one, doesnt look anything like the standard one and im pretty sure its to small, but when i get it down the garage for the cambelt will see wasson with it then
Thanks given by:
so im thinking of giving my engine bay a little bit of a clean, and maybe a bit of spraying on some rusty parts, i was thinking of coulouring it red, little bits like hose clips, fuel rail, engine mount, and other little bits. thoughts?
Thanks given by:
not been much to update on this since the clutch cable snapped on my little citroen ax so had to get that sorted.
but... got a new gti6 badge courtesy of #Niall
[attachment=15832]
debadged the rear just leaving the gti badge
[attachment=15833]
then gave her a clean and a polish
[attachment=15835]
[attachment=15836]
Thanks given by:
Is it just me or does the front wheel have some positive camber? :S

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=15461]
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I thought that when i took the picture, think its just the angle of the photo, looks straight normally, although the ride height at the front does seem a little high. Might be something yo do with it.
Thanks given by:
Hmm maybe it is just the height then? It does seem a little high for a GTi though, maybe the suspension has been replaced at some point?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure its had new shocks fitted at some point within the last year or so, and it was off the road for a while before i bought it
Thanks given by:
What profile tyres are you running?
50 profiles make the arch gaps look big compared to std. 55s.

The front bumper does look a fair way off the ground in that photo but as you've said photo angles make all the difference. The best way would be to measure the ride height and then compare with others.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
its running std 55 profiles, but as i mentioned before its had new shocks so that might have stiffened up the front making a taller ride height plus the rear has sagged so that gives the impression the front is higher . but i do think its higher than it should be. from top of the arch to top of tyre is about 90mm
Thanks given by:
does look like a HUGE amount of positive camber in that pic, needs some wallye blanks too ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
well when i get round to it im gonna hit her with the lowering stick, and have got some rallye blanks on the way
Thanks given by:
So, a little update on this, with the help from a local mechanic ive got the cambelt and water pump changed, wasn't to much of an asshole of a job, just a bit tight is all. But that's done and all is well. Also had me mechanic have a look around the car while it was on the ramp and he said all looks tidy, so that's a bonus. Next step is to tax, insure it and just drive it. Then i will look into lowering and maybe sort out some different wheels.
Thanks given by:
so after a rather big let down with rallye blanks, a set i paid for over a month ago still havnt turned up, and another set which came to me with two left hand side ones, not a happy bunny. so instead i cleaned me fogs up and black masked them, not sure if i will keep the fogs in or get some blanks in there once ive sorted me-self out.
[attachment=16418]
picture isnt the best as was getting a bit dark, but you get the idea
Thanks given by:
so the gti6 has been on the road for a week now, and ive got to say, i'm absolutley loving it.. but in all the excitement i found the top engine mount to have a fair bit of play, i thought no biggy, common problem, just get the welder out and get a new patched buzzed in there. however i didnt realise how baddly worn it was until i got the bracket off today.
[attachment=16673]
[attachment=16674]
turns out someone else has tried to repair it before, but not done a very good job, and there wasnt even anything holding the mount in :/
Thanks given by:
Whats the difference between a phase 2 and a phase 3 bumper??
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
this is phase 2

[attachment=17882]
Thanks given by:
Is that the same as a phase 1 bumper?
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 bumper is square with square fogs
Phase 2 bumper is rounded with D shaped fogs and a gap under the grill
Phase 3 bumper is rounded with circular fogs and no gap.
Thanks given by:
Cheers tom.. i had no idea.. i think phase 3 bumper looks good.. phase 2 would look good without that gap under the grill..

(22-07-2014, 09:53 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Phase 1 bumper is square with square fogs
Phase 2 bumper is rounded with D shaped fogs and a gap under the grill
Phase 3 bumper is rounded with circular fogs and no gap.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
got your springs yet mate ?
Thanks given by:
nah, apparently theres something wrong at gmax. been waiting for over 2 weeks now. will give em another ring tomorrow and see wasson
Thanks given by:
bit of a shitter then mate
Thanks given by:
Bad luck with the blanks. That top engine mount is becoming a problem for everyone. D:
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 10:55 AM)SRowell Wrote: Bad luck with the blanks. That top engine mount is becoming a problem for everyone. D:

yeah. May get some more blanks at a later date, but not to fussed at the mo. And yeah that top mount did seem quite bad, but is all sorted now
Thanks given by:
okay so havent updated this for a while, but there has been some changs/improvements.

first off, i got myself some 60mm gmax lowering springs along with new droplinks
[attachment=18525]
looking at the springs together i'm now positive that they weren't the original gti springs on my car originally, which would explain the ridiculous ride height.
it took me about 4 - 5 hours and a lot of shouting and swearing to get both sides done, but got there in the end. but now she is sitting pretty (at the front end anyway)[attachment=18526]

ive also fitted a new cat and middle section courtesy of my dad as a birthday present, the car sounds absolutley lovely now and the induction noise is just like music to my ears Bwarrp Bwarrp.

[attachment=18527]
Thanks given by:
just a little update on this one, managed to get hold of another set of ph3 crystals, so thought i would have a go at black masking them. was a bit of an asshole to get the lenses off, but after that was fairly straight forward. i also gave her a wash and clay barred the car. pretty happy with the results tbf.
[attachment=19073]
[attachment=19074]
[attachment=19075]
Thanks given by:
Did your new wheel arrive Alright dude?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 GTi6 China Resto 306gtiparts 6 3,260 21-04-2015, 11:30 PM