Recommend headlights Nightbreaker Ultimate, philips xtreme

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend headlights Nightbreaker Ultimate, philips xtreme
Need some decent bulbs as standard bulbs in morrettes are dreadful can't tell there even on. And doing a lot of night driving is like the best I can get.

I have used nightbreakers before in phase 3 lights and seems good from what I can remember.

Now been comparing the 2 above and my decision I think if nightbreakers but just want other peoples views also. As thye new nightbreakers were released to late to be included in the tests they do have great reviews
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Get a HID kit mate. U wont regret it. The morettes should have the projector lens in them so HID would be ideal!! Most kits are plug and play nowadays too. If the morettes do not have the projector lens then be sure to get the H7R kit.
Thanks given by:
People with hid's are wankers. New or old they blind the shit out of me constantly.

I prefer night breakers personally, always have simple but cheap and effective.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Nightbreakers for me too. Wink
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 02:17 PM)Tom Wrote: People with hid's are wankers. New or old they blind the shit out of me constantly.

Pretty harsh statement.

Let's face it, compared to modern lenses these old Pugs have shit headlight designs, so getting maximum output from them is nigh-on impossible without an HID kit.

Stick to 4300k as anything else looks chavvy as f*ck. If anything it has made me pay even more attention to the beam pattern / headlight alignment as I've had the misfortune of being blinded by some incompetant twats HIDs myself.

Like with everything, there are responsible and irresponsible people and there's no controlling which audience buys these 'illegal' kits.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 02:17 PM)Tom Wrote: People with hid's are wankers. New or old they blind the shit out of me constantly.

If they are done properly they shouldn't blind anyone.

As said above, if they have projector lenses then all good, if not then H7R should be fitted. H7R have a shield so they do not do what you are saying.

Its the amateurs who don't know what they are doing who wrongly fit them and blind people. Not fair to call us all wankers. I have HID's fitted to my 200sx and they look factory. Cool
Thanks given by:
Hmm see that's the reason I dont like HIDs as I'm constantly blinded to the point I fold my mirrors in. Then high beam and spot light them for awhile behind them. I have considered them but I think I just prefer standard bulbs Smile

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
cat amongst pigeons time ;

for the mot test..........

aftermarket hid kits need to have a cleaning/wiping facility on them ?
also be self-levelling to prevent the afore mentioned dazzling everybody else on the road.
but I as yet haven't had the pleasure of an mot fail on a car with a set on......
Thanks given by:
You need an eye test if you cant see at night with clean lenses, decent earth/battery and nightbreaker+ bulbs.

As said, please dont be a chav and get HIDs and blind everyone and break the law at the same time. MOTs do not define the law.

Nightbreaker Plus for me...

Bought a set of H4s for me ph1 4/5yrs ago...they are still going strong in my wifes 106nad, same set!
Hence why I went and got two sets for my 306!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I ran HIDs for two years and now with standard bulbs I am perfectly happy. HIDs were blinding people most of the time and other drivers always blind me. They dont give a proper light output unless they are high enough to blind people. Its simple... dont run HIDs unless you have lights made for them and funnily enough none of the stock headlights and morettes are made for them!
Thanks given by:
Another +1 for Nightbreakers from me, used them for years, always done me well, and cheap enough. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't buy the xenon blue bulbs like I did for £1.20 from china XD cannot see arse all in the dark
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 09:17 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Don't buy the xenon blue bulbs like I did for £1.20 from china XD cannot see arse all in the dark

And they look just as cheap when you see them coming the other way. lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
HIDs are stupid in headlights that weren't designed for them. Its fact that the 306 head light does not have the correct light pattern output for HIDs to work properly without blinding people.
Im told that Phillips Blue vision bulbs are great and better than night breakers but never used them my self.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 09:53 PM)Niall Wrote: HIDs are stupid in headlights that weren't designed for them. Its fact that the 306 head light does not have the correct light pattern output for HIDs to work properly without blinding people.

Well, there we go, proven wrong by fact :p

Honestly they're absolutely fine. They point down at the road and give a crisp, well-defined beam. I often follow my boss home from work and check with him that my lights aren't blinding (they were once, so were adjusted the next day)

I have the 'H7R' bulbs for whatever difference that makes, meaning there is no light output from the upper half of the bulb as it has been coated / masked.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Personally, I find that the 'auto adjustment' ones adjust far too slowly over bumps and end up blinding even worse..

H7R bulbs are substantially less blinding than a normal H7 HID bulb, they do still have a wider sideways light output but no blinding height wise
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can't stand retro fit hids myself. I have nightbreaker ultimate as my main beam and grant bright white for dipper. Works brilliant for me Smile
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 09:24 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 09:17 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Don't buy the xenon blue bulbs like I did for £1.20 from china XD cannot see arse all in the dark

And they look just as cheap when you see them coming the other way. lol

No doubt, pretty sure one of them has the power output of a unlit candle.
Hence why Im going h7r hid's Tongue
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Think ill go for nightbreaker ultimate I did look at Haldords ultra bulbs but even on trade there £12 each!

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
Fitted my H7R HDI's today and they arent blinding in the slightest

Look below
Thanks given by:
Nobody will believe you, from that angle we can't see the rows of children you've killed by running your dangerous headlight bulbs! You menace!
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 11:36 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Nobody will believe you, from that angle we can't see the rows of children you've killed by running your dangerous headlight bulbs! You menace!

lmao
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They are still illegal and bloody irritating for anyone you are following. Whats so hard to understand about that!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hahaha.. each to their own.
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 03:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: They are still illegal and bloody irritating for anyone you are following. Whats so hard to understand about that!?

You realise i hate my self for agreeing with you but your 100% right there!
Its all well and good standing in front of your car thinking "ooh they don't blind people" But try driving in front of them. Your lower down because your sitting down and every time you go over a bump (often in the uk!) its like being flashed with HIDs. Its bloody horrible and all the chavvy shits around here have them so i just floor it away from them so i can't be blinded Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Not to mention when you see the mass of blue light coming over the hill, then you just get blinded to f*ck until they're past you, dont even get me started on when ones behind you!! Great if your sat behind them, but literally everyone thinks your a lady garden.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Niall, in what way is a car without auto-levellers going over a bump any worse than one which does have them fitted?

Auto-levellers don't account for bumps and undulations in the road and immediately react! It's just a more automated version of that little switch on a 306 dashboard and counteracts heavy loads in the boot etc.

Some modern 'adaptive' lighting will spread the beam further or dip it nearer given the light situation, but these aren't that common yet and often still an option...
Thanks given by:
No Your right auto levellers don't account for that. What does though is the beam pattern that is put out which its impossible for a 306 headlight to do even with the levellers etc.
A standard hallogen bulb headlight has a completely different reflector layout to scatter the light differently compared to a HID designed head light.
That is the biggest problem with aftermarket HIDs. If you had a set of lights that are designed for a HID lamp, you could get away without the levellers!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 07:06 PM)HD-Aye! Wrote: Hahaha.. each to their own.
Your lights blinding my eyes is not you keeping to your own though is it?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Bought a full set of osram nighbreakers yesterday and was literally blown away by them.
H7's for dip and full beam. Nice easy to see white beam
Thanks given by: