exhaust regs? need INFO plz.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust regs? need INFO plz.
hello guys im new here just got myself a 1998 d turbo s and and im needing an exhaust and wondering what rules and regs are involved with the decat and having 1 box or something im told. thought id as you people! im after upgrade to standard
Thanks given by:
can anyone help ?? .
Thanks given by:
You want a straight through exhaust no decat or anything.

But atm with mot I think you need atleast one box on the system. My hdi had one straight pipe but had a back box with a pipe welded inside.

Ive heard a little bit of a grey area with cats now as well, if the car was made with a cat it has to have a cat.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2014, 09:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: You want a straight through exhaust no decat or anything.

But atm with mot I think you need atleast one box on the system. My hdi had one straight pipe but had a back box with a pipe welded inside.

Ive heard a little bit of a grey area with cats now as well, if the car was made with a cat it has to have a cat.

yeah I thought as much but wasn't 100% so just one box then yeah and the pipe inside the back box is a nice idea thanks
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2014, 09:26 PM)jack123sand Wrote:
(30-03-2014, 09:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: You want a straight through exhaust no decat or anything.

yeah I thought as much but wasn't 100% so just one box then yeah and the pipe inside the back box is a nice idea thanks

Im not 100% sure but someone will be along to help. You could always use the search or try google.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I know me and a friend are not sure on this decat thing he says pre 96 don't need 1 but after 96 they do? and then I have another friend saying these diesel's need only one box for regs as the decat is useless untill motorway cruising speed I just don't want to buy something that's useless ..

(30-03-2014, 09:29 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(30-03-2014, 09:26 PM)jack123sand Wrote:

Im not 100% sure but someone will be along to help. You could always use the search or try google.
thanks mate ill try that im new here lol and no joy with google cant find ****
Thanks given by:
As mentioned above...if the car has a cat as standard it will need a cat for mot, however if you've got a friendly mot'er you should be okay. I think its unlikely you will get pulled over for not having one.
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2014, 09:57 PM)willJspears Wrote: As mentioned above...if the car has a cat as standard it will need a cat for mot, however if you've got a friendly mot'er you should be okay. I think its unlikely you will get pulled over for not having one.

thanks man thing's are becoming clearer now
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2014, 09:57 PM)willJspears Wrote: As mentioned above...if the car has a cat as standard it will need a cat for mot, however if you've got a friendly mot'er you should be okay. I think its unlikely you will get pulled over for not having one.

Wasnt sure if it was set in stone yet. I took mine for mot month before everything changes.

Just keep the can and buy a bolt in decat. That way 20 minute job changing it over.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Or cut cat
open strip out and weld up like me Wink
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by: