Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
lambda sensor
#1
ive got to do a bit of a repair job on my cat, which means taking the lambda sensor off. is there any precautions i need to take when removing it, or is it just a case of unscrewing it and then screw it back in?
#2
Prepare for a big hammer. Soak the fucker in plusgas first Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#3
Yeah best of luck removing her, everyone ive touched has been seized solid and required lots of heat and a good soaking of wd40! Sometimes can be easier to try and budge it from beneath the car, or ive always unplugged it at the other end and took whole cat off then clamped in a vice to remove etc ...
#4
I didnt even bother, I just swapped cats with lambda
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#5
cheers, turns out i wont need to be removing it, my exhaust was blowing so i was gonna put a sleeve clamp on it (between cat and middle section) but turns out the muppet before who replaced the exhaust couldn't weld to save his life, now all the welds on the exhaust are blowing
#6
Just cut it off. No need to a lambda haha I havent ran one for the past 3 month because I couldnt get it out the cat when I fitted my new maniflow manifold so just stuck a bolt in the hole, job done


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTi 6 Lambda Fault Toms306 24 12,227 30-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Lambda sensor location Daniel306 3 2,895 18-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Daniel306
  Rallye lambda sensor, eml light? Mitch 4 2,960 21-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Mitch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)