broken temp sender housing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
broken temp sender housing
Just sorting out why my fans aren't working and investigating the temp sender and well the retaining ring just cracked on me Sad

I don't see any option other than replacing the whole side tank there really?

[Image: MVc2TbB.jpg?1]

[Image: RuSqvuT.jpg?1]
Thanks given by:
That is EXACTLY what happened on the estate I bought the other day, the garage tried to replace the sensor and broke that...

Cant do anything except change the whole plastic lump. The older engines have an ally housing, if they're swappable that's gotta be a better bet. Smile
Thanks given by:
Peugeot Service Box recons on £140 for the plastic tank new! (might be 114?)
I was going to send you a pm about that as it sounded yours was similar Smile

Mine has the fuel lines running through it, both I looked at i nthe breakers today don't have that, slightly later models than mine, mines W reg.
Going to make use of my AA cover to fix this I think.... It looks a right pain to get out! Access is *tight*
Thanks given by:
The later ones have an electric fuel heater for better efficiency...and ultimately lower emmisions! That's X reg onwards.

If you can find a V reg or older, that has the ally housing, with the fuel pipes running through, as my spare engine is from a V reg.
Thanks given by:
Looks like it's a whole near enough engine out job to change?
What's the fitment for the rear water pipe? I can't find a picture of it, but to get at any clip down there won't be fun.
Thanks given by:
Engine out? Nah, once the airbox is out there's more access, and unbolt the loom to get that out of the way as well. If your coolant heater has never been removed, the loom is also cable tied to that bracket, cut the tie off and the loom moves out the way a lot more.

I cant remember what fixing is used for the rear pipe unfortunately though....even though I was only looking at it last night lol.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-19...2a34634d69

shows the rear connector, take pics of the job due Smile
Thanks given by:
On my 02 the rear conection is just a push fit sort of thing. Dont need to undo anything round the back.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2014, 10:10 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-19...2a34634d69

shows the rear connector, take pics of the job due Smile

I wont be fixing it now. The estate doesn't even start, so it has bigger issues than a leaky sensor lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intake temp and Exhaust temp sensors? JTaylor2005 5 2,410 26-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005