Ta tecnix coilovers, Spax krypton gas front suspension

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ta tecnix coilovers, Spax krypton gas front suspension
Brought some ta technix coilovers for some cheap lows for fcs but when fitting them realised the top mounts were buggered, standard top mounts DO NOT fit. my plan was eventually to get some good ones for track use but as the mounts were no good on these one im not going to bother messing about getting top mounts im just going to buy some for track use.

They were pretty rusted up when i got them so i dremmled the rust off to check the condition of the springs and the springs are ok, was just surface rust. i then anti rust primered and just give them a lick of paint and some laquer.

No leaks etc and seem to be in reasonable condition.

As stated, these require top mounts.

£50 collected from ws7 area.

[attachment=15958]

[attachment=15959]

[attachment=15960]

Secondly some front Spax krypton gas dampers, springs and top mounts

dust covers have split (see pics), topmounts are in reasonable condition and are not ceased, seem to move freely. All worked fine when on the car, no leaks. knocks, bangs etc.

Think they are standard ride height springs? see attached pic of them fitted on the car.

£50 collected from ws7 area.

[attachment=15961]

[attachment=15962]

[attachment=15963]

[attachment=15964]

[attachment=15965]

[attachment=15966]

[attachment=15967]

p.s they deffinetly are not leaking even tho it may look like it in one of the pictures, its wd40 as i give them abit of a spruce up.
Thanks given by:
The reason your topmount wont fit those coilovers is because the top spring plate is missing, it sittings on the top spring and your top mount sits down into it.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 06:48 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: The reason your topmount wont fit those coilovers is because the top spring plate is missing, it sittings on the top spring and your top mount sits down into it.

Yep, the ones that come with them are cracked so im not using them and not selling them on as they are dangerous. Standard ones dont have the cup that sit on the outside of the spring. ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, just thought you mightnot have known, incase you wanted to keep them and get the cups.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'd love the shocks and springs, but you're a bit of a trek and I'm in the middle of exams Sad

Also, you didn't post a pic of them fitted...?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 06:57 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: Ah ok, just thought you mightnot have known, incase you wanted to keep them and get the cups.

No problem and i appreciate your input. top man. as i said these were just temporary for cheap lows but decided i might aswell just fit some once and get some ones decent for track use.

My Bad, forgot a pic of the car. Apologies.

[attachment=15968]
Thanks given by:
Any idea how much it'd cost to post the shocks & springs?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I have no idea but if they dont sell i can drop you a p.m? difficult for me to post for a couple of weeks as im working away.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 GTi/Rallye lowered front suspension Ben_w 0 943 22-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Ben_w
  GTi6/Rallye lowered front suspension Ben_w 4 1,394 04-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Forged rods, head studs , xanti inlet and intercooler, spax shocks Teddy 24 5,403 29-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb