Refurbing Alloys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refurbing Alloys
Got some 17" alloys today and all in good condition apart from one, has alot of curbing, now ive got rid of it but I need to respray them, what spray would I need and whats this lacquer stuff everyone sells with the spray
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you've got areas of bare metal then you'll want some acid etch primer for that. Then filler primer for the rest of the wheel. Take your time and make sure that they're all keyed up properly, get rid of any imperfections you see. Once they're primered, sand them down again with W&D paper. Sanding between coats is best, but not essential. Top coat can be anything you like, or just wheel silver. Then lacquer over the top of that.

For lacquer I recommend this stuff, it's absolutely brilliant: http://auto-paint.co.uk/carpaint/index.p...ductId=227

It's sprays better than anything I've used, dries well and has an adjustable nozzle.

If you sand in between coats you should get a nice finish, but after the paints cured for a few days you'll be able to sand and then compound them if needed.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wheel refurbing, again declantg 14 3,140 25-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Refurbing wheels. kentiiboii 68 14,028 22-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Last Post: gareth7