Oil pressure gauge wiring?! help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil pressure gauge wiring?! help
Trying to wire in my gauges, all the lighting is done and that all works, temperature is working i think but its only one wire. This pressure gauge though has a bunch of terminals on the back that are doing my head in. Have a look at this...

[Image: 20140322_144555_zps44e28a4d.jpg]

Forgive the shit angle, you can see the signs there though. The + is hooked upto ignition live. The S is on the pressure sender, S for signal. And the gauge does nothing. So i figured perhaps that other terminal is a seperate ground? Touch it to ground and with the car running the needle shoots over 100psi and stays there, now is there a chance that a cold XUD makes over 100psi of oil pressure? Or am i doing something wrong? Thanks guys!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
6 bar when cold is.normal so maybe 100 psi yeah. Find a converter cos I cant.remember the ratio between bar/psi
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
6bar is only 87psi...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ok yeah id say somethings not right there then. Unless your producing massive oil pressure
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its acting weird, i left my wiring how it was and it comes down to about 50psi when the oil is just over 40 degrees, then when i rev it, it shoots past 100 and back again :/ Will go for a drive tonight and get the oil hot and see what happens....
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Mine tends to stay at 60 cold and over 100 revving then settles to 20ish warm only rising slightly when driving then
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2014, 04:11 PM)Tom Wrote: Its acting weird, i left my wiring how it was and it comes down to about 50psi when the oil is just over 40 degrees, then when i rev it, it shoots past 100 and back again :/ Will go for a drive tonight and get the oil hot and see what happens....

That sounds fine Tom. It will rise with revs. I don't know about the XUD but i know with my GTi, i see about 80psi on hot oil at 4k, 80-90psi on idle stone cold and about 35-40psi on idle hot
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Tom how did you wire the sender? is one terminal G? This terminal ISNT ground, this is the signal terminal to the gauge..the other pin on the sender needs grounding....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Right been for a drive tonight and actually got the oil hot. Tick over with 80/90degree oil is just below 25psi. Then between 2 and 3krpm it goes upto 50/75psi and then after that it goes high still but im holding on for dear life at this point not looking at gauges!

(22-03-2014, 08:04 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Tom how did you wire the sender? is one terminal G? This terminal ISNT ground, this is the signal terminal to the gauge..the other pin on the sender needs grounding....

Its a one terminal sender my ansome :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring for boost gauge philpemberton94 2 1,286 09-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Last Post: philpemberton94
  Boost Gauge Wiring Marcus1991 8 3,357 10-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Last Post: C.A.R.
  Temp Gauge Wiring Eeyore 6 2,535 14-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Last Post: samass