plugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plugs
further to my previous thread i have fitted the single electrode plugs that euro sold me (the ones i took out were twin) the car does not seem to pull as well now.
is it my imagination ?
Thanks given by:
Probably...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
what brand are they?
Thanks given by:
So long as the plug is of the correct nose length and hear rating it will be fine
Thanks given by:
GTis should just use standard NGK plugs. They don't get on well with these fancy twin or quad electrode plugs.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
the ones i replaced and the new ones are ngk
Thanks given by:
I use Bosch super plus spark plugs,to me the engine is a lot more responsive and have never had any issues with using these Wink
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 03:31 AM)mcvite Wrote: I use Bosch super plus spark plugs,to me the engine is a lot more responsive and have never had any issues with using these Wink

That's the placebo effect of replacing old knackerd plugs

Many years ago I had a race tuned mg metro, had a set of plugs that at the time were the thing to have , split fire plugs had the car on the rollers and the car was miss firing under load.
The rr operator knew his stuff on the a series so we went through changing the carb spring rating, oil in the carb damper changed the needle but although they improved things they didn't eliminate the issue , as a last resort we swapped the plugs out for my old used NGKR. Plugs I had in the car, miss fire went and the car made a few bhp more.
Swapped in a new set of the same plugs and he had to alter a few settings and got a few bhp out of it!!

Stick with standard plugs, with multi electrode you still only get the one spark
Thanks given by: