Ph1 Estate. Gearbox mounted vnt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 Estate. Gearbox mounted vnt
I'll be using 20's all round when i fit mine, but only because i've already got 20's all round. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so what do we think should be fun no? not much bigger that the gt2052s in there atm lol

(26-08-2014, 06:37 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'll be using 20's all round when i fit mine, but only because i've already got 20's all round. Wink

20's on lasers? if so I wouldn't bother you will have to roll the arches its not worth the hassle tbh only reason I did it was because I had to lol
Thanks given by:
Not sure how that happened, that reply was meant to be in the thread about a set of Ariannes and the spacers required to run them! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
that makes sence you had me slightly confused lol
Thanks given by:
GT2260 isnt all that big. Dumdums running a GTA23. And theres a couple others running GT22s.

You just boost canning this?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I had a gt2260v on mine, albeit a gen1 bmw one - didn't have a ported shroud

spooled pretty well considering the size of it, and should provide more than enough air
Thanks given by:
All it needs is some shiny rods Tongue

Thanks given by:
also recently picked a spare engine up from td_dan hopefully picking a gear box up from ted when he is back then I can start on making a exhaust manifold and a inlet mani. hopefully sorted some flanges from a forum member but if that falls through i realised I had bridgecraft engineering up the road from me Big Grin im sure ill get them sorted out.

(26-08-2014, 08:07 PM)Piggy Wrote: GT2260 isnt all that big. Dumdums running a GTA23. And theres a couple others running GT22s.

You just boost canning this?

yeah its not that big really but will look well g/box mounted tho Smile

will be boost caning 8t at first I had a quick look in to the electronic control but I just havent time to be playing with that yet.

(26-08-2014, 08:15 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: I had a gt2260v on mine, albeit a gen1 bmw one - didn't have a ported shroud

spooled pretty well considering the size of it, and should provide more than enough air

yeah hopefully should be a fun turbo I know there's one or two used these now just from different cars to this one.

(26-08-2014, 10:00 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: All it needs is some shiny rods Tongue

pfffft shiny stuff is over rated any way Wink but because im nice ill offer you that trade pack if cookies AND some tea bags ? Smile
Thanks given by:
Ash just been to mine took me for a spin and my god this thing moves, seriously puts your in your seat and takes off like a rocket, that dyno carnt be right feels alot more than that!

Serious sleeper right here! With that bigger turbo on will be mental not sure I'll let u take me for spin in it tho doubt my nerves will take it lol

Thanks given by:
glad you like it mate Smile dont know what you mean about nerves Angel

started doing little bits befor i get the flanges to make the mani ect.

ive never had a vnt apart befor but its defo interesting stuff kinda a pain to clock tho but its nade easyer with it being new.
some not to interesting piks

[attachment=18711]
[attachment=18712]
Thanks given by:
Its a beaut of a little turbo Smile
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(31-08-2014, 04:54 PM)Anton Wrote: Its a beaut of a little turbo Smile

it'll do for now lol
Thanks given by:
Great turbo certainly. Looks pretty much how mine is mounted. Just watch out for the space needed to get the actuator and oil drain out and clear the gearbox mount.
Thanks given by:
Hopefully the oil drain wont be a issue but it will be tight by the time ive got 4 runners and collector to the top of the gear box. hopeing to get a sub frame to make sure ill not have issues with gear links ect Smile
Thanks given by:
since i finished chris's pump this evening i had a spare hour or so to play. so i started mocking the mani up at first i was going to use the stock mani and just do a single relocation pipe. but i thought id make life hard and try and get 4 runners to the top of the gear box lol here's tonight's efforts.... yep its not going equal length and at the end of the day its a 17year old turbo derv it wont make much difference and anything is going to flow better than the stock manifold.

[attachment=18887]
[attachment=18888]
Thanks given by:
Why not log manifold? Would be way easier than runners like that...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Fair play for the effort...a well made log manifold will do more than what you need mind. and take 1/4 of the time...and be possibly more dependable in the long run.

that turbo looks bigger than a 2260! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yep it would have been easy to do that but weres the challenge in doing that? id have just done the usual stock mani + bit of pipe if i was wanting to make things easy Smile
Thanks given by:
good work ash, keep at it, be great to see a proper manifold on the go Smile
Thanks given by:
Over engineered.... stupid waste of time and resources....... many hours wasted.....

I love it and want one!!! Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 08:10 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: good work ash, keep at it, be great to see a proper manifold on the go Smile

cheers mate. i just wamted to do something different to the normal things Big Grin

(09-09-2014, 08:12 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Over engineered.... stupid waste of time and resources....... many hours wasted.....

I love it and want one!!! Smile

over engineered..... yes probably is for what im using it for lol

stupid waste of time and resources.... how so? i dont get how its a waste of time?

many hours wasted.. again how/why is it?

I love it and want one!!.... thats another reason i have gone this route who doesn't love nice shiny stuff :p
Thanks given by:
Looks Awsome!

I could do with one Wink Wink

Thanks given by:
when this ones done it will be so easy just to knock another one up Smile but i think you need a turbo worthy enough first Wink

p.s chris that inlet is the start of the one im doing for you Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 08:29 AM)ash23 Wrote: when this ones done it will be so easy just to knock another one up Smile but i think you need a turbo worthy enough first Wink

p.s chris that inlet is the start of the one im doing for you Smile

Ha ha I'll see how scary yours is first before I look at bigger turbos Wink

And Awsome thanks Big Grin

Thanks given by:
[/quote]

Ha ha I'll see how scary yours is first before I look at bigger turbos Wink

And Awsome thanks Big Grin
[/quote]

pffffffffft just get one fitted haha or g/box mount a baby gt20 lol
Thanks given by:
good job ash, as always Wink
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate bout time you had another DT ? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice project dude.
I need another XUD project back in my life.
Thanks given by:
you never know what the future brings!
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 05:42 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Nice project dude.
I need another XUD project back in my life.

thanks chap. they are good cheap fun Smile

(11-09-2014, 06:28 PM)padge Wrote: you never know what the future brings!

haha you cant stay away for long lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox mounted turbo - manifold darrencurry0808 0 1,332 22-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
Thumbs Up FCS prep phase win sigma gearbox mounted mikey b 199 53,988 03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Last Post: puglove
  ph1 cherry red sedan. TD04 box mounted. padge 219 35,567 22-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Last Post: sleeper93