Ph1 Estate. Gearbox mounted vnt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 Estate. Gearbox mounted vnt
so did a little more on the mani now i have a subframe to make sure i wasnt going to have linkage issues with the runners. big thanks to chris90 for helping me get a subframe Smile cant do any more till i get the exhaust plates from bridge craft bit this is were its up to not alot different but up to now ive only spent around 3.5 hours doing it...

[attachment=18962]

[attachment=18963]

[attachment=18964]

also thanks to hdikyle for offering to lend me a subframe cheers mate
Thanks given by:
Thats looking good mate...

You worked out where to put your exit pipe yet? Or is that through the wing? lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
After seeing it in person it's coming along nicely should be epic when it's done and all made from inside a shed Wink no messing.

P.s if you ask me to tip a car on its side in the scrappy again I might run a mile nearly snapped me in when you adjusted your grip lol

Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 03:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thats looking good mate...

You worked out where to put your exit pipe yet? Or is that through the wing? lol

now that would be silly out the wing. ...............
naturally will be out the bonnet lol

[attachment=18985]

but seriously theres tonnes of room for a nice.2.5 down pipe Smile

(13-09-2014, 05:54 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: After seeing it in person it's coming along nicely should be epic when it's done and all made from inside a shed Wink no messing.

P.s if you ask me to tip a car on its side in the scrappy again I might run a mile nearly snapped me in when you adjusted your grip lol

yep all im the shed nothing fancy here

haha it was better than on the floor tho Wink
Thanks given by:
Apparently even french cars get flat tyres Dodgy
and "becauseweightsaving" no spare on the car or jack or breaker bar lol

[attachment=19034]

nice steel wheel ehh Censored

[attachment=19035]
Thanks given by:
Whats the diameter on that mani piping mate, looks huge..? Might find you need a bigger downpipe than 2.5, otherwise it might kill your spool time - pressure differential across the turbine and all that jazz.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Was that once a gti6 exhaust manifold? If so fair play haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 12:16 PM)Poodle Wrote: Whats the diameter on that mani piping mate, looks huge..? Might find you need a bigger downpipe than 2.5, otherwise it might kill your spool time - pressure differential across the turbine and all that jazz.

same as yours Wink old gti6 mani perfect for what i need. ill prib just go 3inch down pipe any way or pos 2.75. the stock down pipe for the vehicle it come off was 2.25 iirc so any thing a over that should be fine Smile

(16-09-2014, 12:28 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Was that once a gti6 exhaust manifold? If so fair play haha

yup gti mani so far cost £34 inc tig rods lol for me the point of this car now is to prove what you can make / do in a shed thats why i did my own strut braces, inlet, solid axle mounts, exhaust, ect Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh fair haha! Yeah, i guess spool isn't so important on a vnt either. Really love this project for the very reason you've listed, repping the bargain bin bodgers!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ash! Give me a bell tomorrow when you get 5 buddy re; flange material Wink

Sorry can't pm or anything on here until I've spammed and trolled my way to 100 posts!
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 05:24 PM)Poodle Wrote: Oh fair haha! Yeah, i guess spool isn't so important on a vnt either. Really love this project for the very reason you've listed, repping the bargain bin bodgers!

lol thats the fun of it. getting what is effectively a cheap car and making it go and handle aswell as possibe for as cheap as possible Smile
Thanks given by:
ok guys i have the ph1 lights with the slight yellow tint pik below Smile what do we think yellow fogs to match or will it be to much ?

[attachment=19183]
Thanks given by:
Ace...get them from ozone? I love em. Defo yellow fogs, not dark though, just a light tint
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is the gt22 on yet?! Come on pull your finger out Tongue

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 07:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: Ace...get them from ozone? I love em. Defo yellow fogs, not dark though, just a light tint

yeah got them of him a month or two back Smile ive done the usual search on ebay but they only seem to be the normal yellow tint. im thinking it maybe to dark?
(21-09-2014, 08:46 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Is the gt22 on yet?! Come on pull your finger out Tongue

shhhhhh youninja got that gt20 on yet Tongue
Thanks given by:
Haha...they were my twin optics! Glad to see they be put to use.
Find some lighter tint film...or spray them inside?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
cool just got to rip apart some crystals for the twin optic wiring Smile

the lightest stuff i can find is this theres normal yellow a illumination yellow looks a little lighter ?
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231065977901?nav=SEARCH
Thanks given by:
The wiring was with them when I sold them to ozone!!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yeah i think thete is some wiring but im sure its ph1 wiring? and has different plugs on a ph2 car?
Thanks given by:
Great build thread! Giving me some real inspiration and always good to have someone just down the road from me with your 306 knowledge Wink
Oh and just seen this driving out of ambergate!
Thanks given by:
thanks mate Smile theres a few of us around the area now too.

what was you in mate ?
Thanks given by:
Was in my mini which I can't wait to replace with a d turbo more so now as I built up a 11 mm pump last night lol
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 11:52 PM)eskimogod Wrote: Was in my mini which I can't wait to replace with a d turbo more so now as I built up a 11 mm pump last night lol

that's what i wouldn't have seen you lol got any plans for bigger turbos?
Thanks given by:
Ash, the wiring....should be just an H4 plug. So should be plug and play Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 07:14 AM)Piggy Wrote: Ash, the wiring....should be just an H4 plug. So should be plug and play Smile

im more thinking about the car side mate. the plug from the car to the light loom
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 06:53 AM)ash23 Wrote: that's what i wouldn't have seen you lol got any plans for bigger turbos?

Haha aye that will be why! Errm yes of course Wink prob td04 that I already have.. But some hopefully bigger and better things after (the ideas work in my head)
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 11:20 AM)ash23 Wrote:
(24-09-2014, 07:14 AM)Piggy Wrote: Ash, the wiring....should be just an H4 plug. So should be plug and play Smile

im more thinking about the car side mate. the plug from the car to the light loom

Your running H4 bulbs currently in your phase1 lights surely? So that plug on your car loom plugs into the back of the twin optic headlight Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i get what you mean now mate cheers thats gona save me messing about with light looms ect Smile
Thanks given by:
so in other news at the start of the week i was having issues with other forced air. . the heaters packed up Sad not ideal when its starting to be chilly in the mornings. but luckily it was a cheap £12 fix with a new resistor pack from Peugeot and a few mins to fit. scores Big Grin

[attachment=19262]

this also turned up any one want to hazard a guess what thats going to be used for? Tongue

[attachment=19263]
Thanks given by:
I no what it's being used for Wink best not ruin the guessing game tho ay? Tongue

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox mounted turbo - manifold darrencurry0808 0 1,332 22-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
Thumbs Up FCS prep phase win sigma gearbox mounted mikey b 199 54,018 03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Last Post: puglove
  ph1 cherry red sedan. TD04 box mounted. padge 219 35,572 22-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Last Post: sleeper93