Glovebox locked itself ..!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glovebox locked itself ..!!
Hi guys my glovebox has somehow locked itself, I don't have the key for it and have to force it open... Any ideas how to fix this..??
Thanks given by:
is hasn't locked itself it will be a CD case or something jamming it at the back . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Haha Smile only thing I had in there was a sat nav, thought the cable had jammed it shut but I broke into it yesterday to take the sat nav out. The handle on the clove box just doesn't turn. Glovebox is empty
Thanks given by:
This happens to me on almost a weekly basis lol. give it a rag / pull the hinge pins out at the bottom.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ok will try that ... Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
I get this sometimes, but the ignition key seems to unlock it every time. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tried the ignition key but doesn't work for some reason
Thanks given by:
Guessing maybe the lock set has been changed at some point then, or you've had the glovebox replaced.

In which case, i refer you back to Darrens solution. lmao
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Matt they do lock themselves. Happens all the time in the runabout.
And on my flicked dash it did this, so stuck a screw driver in the lock twisted it til it broke the just took the locking barrel out and left the latch in place so you can still open and close it.
Thanks given by:
Only had the car 3 weeks so maybe it was changed before I got the car but glovebox was fine until last weekend... Will try Darren's solution tomorrow
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2014, 08:51 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Matt they do lock themselves. Happens all the time in the runabout.
And on my flicked dash it did this, so stuck a screw driver in the lock twisted it til it broke the just took the locking barrel out and left the latch in place so you can still open and close it.

sorry never happened on any of my three phase 1's . .haven't had the phase 2.5 for long enough yet, although it did come with a broken latch which i repaired lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Forced it open this morning, turns out the locking pin had jammed itself all fixed now though Smile
Thanks given by:
Mine does this if I shut it too hard. Frustrating. :/
Thanks given by:
Mine locks itself now and then, really annoying that i have to use the ignition key to unlock it aswell!
Thanks given by:
My ignition key doesn't work in my glovebox don't think it's even the right key for it
Thanks given by:
Yeh my glovebox wont lock at all :/
Thanks given by:
Mine doesn'tock either now I've taken the pin out but hey rather it didn't lock than it keep locking itself with my sat nav, sunglasses and lip gloss in it lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glovebox hell(p) turkish 4 1,198 31-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Locked Radio ric 0 713 17-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Last Post: ric
  glovebox removal kingy 14 6,204 20-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Last Post: kingy