mpps v13 help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mpps v13 help
Finally bit the bullet and thought lets get the car to stage 1, so I've brought a mpps cable but then realised my laptop is running vista doh, so is it possible to instale the software and map ???, looking on google some say you can and others say you can't, so please could anyone let me know if its possible
many thanks
Thanks given by:
best way to find out is to try it i guess mate, im int he same process this week Smile

out interested which one did you buy was it this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-MPPS-V13-OB...27dfd1d1fd
Thanks given by:
Should work fine on Vista - certainly works on Windows 7 without issue.

One gotcha that isn't mentioned is that you need to run the MPPS application as an administrator - if you don't, it won't work.

(18-03-2014, 02:13 PM)mspdan Wrote: out interested which one did you buy was it this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-MPPS-V13-OB...27dfd1d1fd

That looks identical to the MPPS cable that I bought and I imagine they're from the same source, although I got it elsewhere quite a lot cheaper than that - the one that I bought is this one at £12.45 delivered:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181330857217?s...1497.l2649
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2014, 02:15 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: That looks identical to the MPPS cable that I bought and I imagine they're from the same source, although I got it elsewhere quite a lot cheaper than that - the one that I bought is this one at £12.45 delivered:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181330857217?s...1497.l2649

cheers mate i cant seem to find them as cheap as everyone else to buy one :/
Thanks given by:
This is the one I brought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPPS-V13-02-VO...OC:GB:3160
my bad I could of sworn our pc was vista , turns out its windows 7 lol, got the miss's to have a look as I'm useless with computers, cheers for the replies, I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions
Thanks given by:
cheers that do so i can get map on my car...
Thanks given by:
Stuck still, when trying to download load driver I'm unable to do as it's a rar file, any ideas on how to run this file, at this rate I think theres a good chance of pro steve receiving a bricked ecu lol
Thanks given by:
RAR is a compressed file like ZIP is - Windows 7 can't open RAR files natively, but you can download something like WinRAR to open them.

Failing that, I'll send you the files in a readable format later if you like.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2014, 02:58 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: RAR is a compressed file like ZIP is - Windows 7 can't open RAR files natively, but you can download something like WinRAR to open them.

Failing that, I'll send you the files in a readable format later if you like.

That'll be great if you can send the file mate,
Thanks given by:
I'll sort it out when I get home later for you Smile
Thanks given by:
if not if you go on hdi-tuning website you can get the files off there if i remember rightly Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2014, 04:15 PM)mspdan Wrote: if not if you go on hdi-tuning website you can get the files off there if i remember rightly Smile

I had a look on there but wasn't sure if I could use that software, his is for a mpps v12 and mine is a v13, why can't things be a simple plug n play lol
Thanks given by:
Sorry for the delay but I've uploaded the file for you to download - MPPS1302.zip

Open the zip file, run the application inside and follow the on screen instructions. Just remember to install the software first before plugging in the cable, and to make sure that you run the installed MPPS application as an administrator - right click on the file and select "Run as administrator" to do this.

Hope that helps.
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2014, 11:38 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: Sorry for the delay but I've uploaded the file for you to download - MPPS1302.zip

Open the zip file, run the application inside and follow the on screen instructions. Just remember to install the software first before plugging in the cable, and to make sure that you run the installed MPPS application as an administrator - right click on the file and select "Run as administrator" to do this.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, that was much appreciated,
fingers crossed I've managed to read the file correct,
Thanks given by:
If its come up as read then your fine mate Smile what map you using may I add? I would personally recommend a jp map myself pal Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
As above, if you've managed to successfully read the files from the ECU and save it onto the laptop, it sounds like it's all working.

Another recommendation for a Jammapic map from me too.
Thanks given by:
Had the all ok from hdi tuning, I was thinking of using jammapic as his map is on offer at the moment, but decided to go with pro steve, as if the worst happens he's only a hour drive away,
cheers for all the help,
Thanks given by:
Just for the record all these tools from ebay are the same, I put V12 on my website because it's easier to use, makes no difference. And as somebody mentioned above important to run as administrator on anything but XP otherwise the software wont run properly.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Thanks steve I've received your map, going to put it on in the morning, hopefully it'll all go well
Damian
Thanks given by:
well i recieved my mpps today and it doesnt work, im using windows seven but it does not recognise the usb and i cant find it in universal serial bus controllers to update it or link it to the program..

anyone help pretty bummed right know Sad
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 12:00 PM)mspdan Wrote: well i recieved my mpps today and it doesnt work, im using windows seven but it does not recognise the usb and i cant find it in universal serial bus controllers to update it or link it to the program..

anyone help pretty bummed right know Sad

This was a pain in the arse, I think we followed a youtube clip to help set up the software,

I'd like to say a massive thanks to pro steve, the car is now mapped and pulls like a train,
Thanks Damian
Thanks given by:
yeah sorted mine, right pain on windows seven.

has a silly moment got it figured out and going to read data shortly so it can be sent off Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello iv just installed the MPPs 13.02 and on opening it comes with a firmware upgrade window. Then I try and run programme as administrater but when I open in admin mode I get an eAccess violation window come up and it won't let me do anything else, please help I'm at a loss to what to do, iv followed the YouTube clip, I bought the MPPs tool from eBay like most people, from a UK seller Undecided

This is being done on my windows 7 laptop btw.
Thanks given by:
The missus sorted it out in the end, she went into the cmd command prompt and fiddled about, (she's very computer savvy) thank god! sorry if thats no help to anyone that is having the same probs as i was but im not computer literate Sad
Thanks given by:
Same here mate, I got my missus to sort it all out, as I haven't got a clue with computers, have you mapped it yet ???
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 02:38 PM)fgrc76 Wrote: Same here mate, I got my missus to sort it all out, as I haven't got a clue with computers, have you mapped it yet ???

Nope she going to do it when home From work about 9.30 ish as JP done the remap for me but the missus had gone to work in the 4 hrs it took for jammapic to read / rewrite and send the file back (which I'm highly impressed with so far!! Great service!!) can't wait Smile
Thanks given by:
bringing back an old thread but i cant seem to get mpps to run on windows 10. at all.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Use Galletto, it's clearly superior. Wink

Are there actually any drivers for it or is it trying to run in compatability?
Thanks given by:
im being a giant twat hadnt installed the drivers. epic fail. its almost like you shouldnt do this half asleep
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Oops. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MPPs help :-/ Piggy 10 2,514 03-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pro_steve
  Anyone near Coventry with MPPS or Galletto? jammapic 2 1,131 30-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Last Post: td_dan
  MPPS V13.02 Software? Ricky 2 1,286 17-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Ricky