peugeot planet...nooby Qs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peugeot planet...nooby Qs
So, can see need soon for a laptop for diagnostics of customers and friends cars...
And for some vnt control programming...

And whats bugging me most, key programming.

So as a noob to computer shizzle, whats needed for Pug planet and where you guys get it from...

I assume a usb/obd connector and Pug software?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
There's a few on ebay around 50 quid from China. Comes with everything you need. You will need an xp laptop though.

I've just got it. Wink
Thanks given by:
Theres some really cheap ones online. Its finding one that im going to trust thats the problem.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So as long as the ol laptop runs XP, shouldnt be an issue.

And around £50 gives me the usb/obd adapter lead and software?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1353598789

??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2014, 08:23 AM)Piggy Wrote: So as long as the ol laptop runs XP, shouldnt be an issue.

And around £50 gives me the usb/obd adapter lead and software?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1353598789

??

Alot of the cheaper ones, like above^^^^ are missing cables and I can assure you they wont read a 407R or a 307 properly, also you don't need XP, it runs fine on Windows Vista and windows 7, you just need to make sure its a 32 bit version
Thanks given by:
I dont own a 407 or 307 though...and hope I never do!!

Not sure why they would be mising cables...

Has anyone got a PP2000 setup for sale maybe?!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That one you linked above charges extra for the additional cables, its in the ad! you seem to get what you pay for with this, all chinese copys are not made equal!
Thanks given by:
Guess it depends if you need the missing/optional cables - if you don't have an early car with the 30 pin diagnostic connector or the late vans then the included cables are absolutely fine for the job and will cover most late 90's to mid-00's models.

As something to use on a 306 like Piggy's intending it's absolutely fine.

The only thing that I would say with anything like this is to buy from a UK supplier - no nasty surprises with import taxes, but more to the point, somewhere to easily/cheaply return it to if it arrives faulty which is always a risk with these cheap clone cables.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I suppose it asks the question if the cables are missing then what else was left out? Buying from a UK seller though for a not way cheaper than the rest price and you wont go far wrong!
Thanks given by:
Meh, mine was all fine, seems to come with more cables than I need tbh...can from China and didn't take overly long either.

It's a bit of a bugger to install but there is a good guide on 'peugeotforums' for doing it.
Thanks given by:
I recommend you speak to Jim @ Easy Diagnostics, the Lexia device he sells is excellent. Mine came bundled with PP2000 and the latest Diagbox so will do all current Peugeot and Citroen vehicles including things like ABS (a lot of the poor quality clones won't run newer versions, or have missing capabilities like ABS or climate control functions). He's a helpful and knowledgeable chap and can even offer remote support if you get stuck. He does a discount for FCF members.....
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2014, 01:09 PM)ally406 Wrote: I recommend you speak to Jim @ Easy Diagnostics, the Lexia device he sells is excellent. Mine came bundled with PP2000 and the latest Diagbox so will do all current Peugeot and Citroen vehicles including things like ABS (a lot of the poor quality clones won't run newer versions, or have missing capabilities like ABS or climate control functions). He's a helpful and knowledgeable chap and can even offer remote support if you get stuck. He does a discount for FCF members.....

Says 'Sold Out'. Might try emailing him though, as I'm after one of these.

Anybody successfully got it working in Windows 7 though? I'm putting feelers out for an XP laptop....only want one from a reputable source really but not having much luck.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot Planet wainwrightj 0 1,558 25-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Last Post: wainwrightj
  Peugeot planet - Where to buy? Ben 8 2,544 06-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  Fecking Peugeot planet/lexia 3 Uberderv 4 1,723 30-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Uberderv