GI: Rose jointed drop links group buy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI: Rose jointed drop links group buy
Hi fellas, these seem to have come up in conversation a lot recently and i'm in talks with my supplier about another group buy. The design is being modified from last time slightly, not that there was anything wrong but the setup meant the price ended up at £93 a set delivered to your door, which was a good £25 or so cheaper than if you spec'd them up yourself but there are some cheapo ones on eBay at £75 delivered. And i'd rather make sure if you're in the market for some you get them from a company I trust than an unknown eBayer.

I'm trying to get the price down as much as possible without affecting quality. The links i'm considering will be adjustable from 300-340mm (iirc standard links are 306mm-ish from bolt to bolt) which will be suitable for cars anything from standard height to approx 50/60mm lowered. From previous discussions with those in the know, ideally you'd want to make a drop link longer by 2/3 of the amount of drop. So if you lower you car by 50mm for instance, you extend the drop links by ~30mm. I can get these with longer bodies though so if you're a lowly gentleman you can have the drop links to suit.

The rod ends are made from aluminium and the bodies from graphite steel. That means no fancy anodising or painting although if you want a set painted I can do that for a nominal fee. The rod ends are lubricated by a dry PTFE/Kevlar lining so all you need to do is give them a wipe every couple of months, but with the rubber boots they're pretty much fit and forget. My set on the gti6 were the prototypes and had no rubber boots and even after 6 months there was only surface dirt which wiped off easily.

Last time I organised a group buy I made about £2 per set profit after assembly and onward postage, so of the 11 sets I ordered I had enough for a few beers, which was nice and imo reflected the effort that went into organising the discount and assembling them all.

Might as well start a list. Provisionally i'm aiming for £85 delivered this time (as opposed to the £93 last time) to your door but as things are updated i'll let you know on here. If it's less it's less, if it's more it's more, but I won't take anyone's money until I have definite designs knocked up.

Oh and on the list please specify how much your car is lowered by, or if you adjust it regularly, so I can determine what body length you need. Standard to 50mm, 40mm to >100mm.

As a side note, i'm also looking at an economical way of making up rose jointed track rod ends. The only ones I see commercially available are Compbrake items at £77 + VAT + delivery, so £103.54 delivered from their website. I reckon I can get them much cheaper.

Thanks

1. cwspellowe
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've been looking into making my own tre and drop links, will give you a pm regarding designing some tres if you want, rough design can be adjusted for stearing correction on really low car to avoid bump stear etc.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Interested in some track rod ends Smile
Thanks given by:
Chris already designed them, just need exact measurements of the taper on the tre and somewhere to machine them. Will happily discuss ideas though Smile
Thanks given by:
yeah i will be up for these too,
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmmm, shouldn't need them for aaages as I just put lemforders on, but I'm still tempted lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Soooo tempted but I really can't afford to lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
1. cwspellowe
2. ash240970
Thanks given by:
when you looking to do this? buoght my cage this month so skint as a mofo
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:when you looking to do this? buoght my cage this month so skint as a mofo

+1

Although I didn't buy a cage Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
hi im new to the forum and would love a set mate pm for details
Thanks given by:
Not any time soon going by the lack of interest i'm afraid Sad
Thanks given by:
I am skint until around the end of may. So until then I'm a no! I do really want some though as mine are shot.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I want a set for the estate, sold mine when I was skint and regret it now. I have bastardly hard 400lb springs though so might run without the ARB...
Thanks given by:
Ye my suspension is squeaking so badly at the moment! Going to get some new wishbones and drop link on before FCS hopefully!
Thanks given by:
Thats what happens when you make the lifestyle choice of a lowly gentleman Wink
Thanks given by:
It is haha. Going for poly bushes on my wishbones too!
Thanks given by:
Dammit why you tempt me like this?!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
very interested but that is priiicey for some ARB DL's ... as nice as they are!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
No, that's cheap, pricey is when you try to make some lightweight versions that won't rust! lol
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
If this was after fcs, I would have a set and I think that could be the case for a few people.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thats what I may have to do although I would like a set before then!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to get rose joints Daniel306 3 855 15-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Last Post: allanallen