Removing thick limescale

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing thick limescale
Right, not an exciting thread I know but I'm all out of ideas.

As some of you may remember I recently moved back in with my parents. There's a bathroom upstairs which was mostly unused since all us kids moved out, unfortunately one of the taps had a slight drip.

The plug hole is now caked in limescale as we live in a hard water area.

I've tried all manner of sink unblockers and between me and my dad we have probably put 10 bottles of chemicals down there!

I've tried expensive limescale removers too, nothing is making an impact Sad

What can I do!?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
White Vinegar is really effective, but you'll need to leave it to soak for a while, then repeat with lemon juice. And it shouldn't strip any finishes eg: chrome etc (natural acids) and you'll be left with a nice smell too. Hope this helps.
Thanks given by:
Will give it a try bud ta, I'm sure there's some white vinegar in the house....
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
White vinegar, I learnt it from how clean is your house years ago
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2014, 06:52 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: White vinegar, I learnt it from how clean is your house years ago
Me too lol, and I read 101 uses for White Vinegar - natures cleaner, and to be fair it's worked everytime Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2014, 06:57 PM)HDi Dave Wrote:
(15-03-2014, 06:52 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: White vinegar, I learnt it from how clean is your house years ago
Me too lol, and I read 101 uses for White Vinegar - natures cleaner, and to be fair it's worked everytime Smile

I also read that, would I wouldn't use it to get creases out my shirt out go out smelling on vinegar.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2014, 07:12 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(15-03-2014, 06:57 PM)HDi Dave Wrote:

I also read that, would I wouldn't use it to get creases out my shirt out go out smelling on vinegar.
I wouldn't think that was practical either Rofl

But in regards to the OP if that doesn't shift it you could always try pouring in 1 cup baking soda, then one cup hot white distilled vinegar. Let this sit for 5 minutes or so, then run hot water down the drain.
Thanks given by:
Hydrochloric acid... The less diluted the better, but don't get it on skin lol!

A relative of ours previously worked for a cleaning chemical company and this stuff (meant for removing concrete splashes when fitting toilets/sinks) shifted the limescale in our loo with no bother! Much better than the expensive weak, diluted hydrochloric acid cleaners available in supermarkets...
Thanks given by:
go get a bottle of coke use that Wink
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2014, 08:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hydrochloric acid... The less diluted the better, but don't get it on skin lol!

A relative of ours previously worked for a cleaning chemical company and this stuff (meant for removing concrete splashes when fitting toilets/sinks) shifted the limescale in our loo with no bother! Much better than the expensive weak, diluted hydrochloric acid cleaners available in supermarkets...

Does it shift your skidmarks off the loo?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Tbh any acid should work. As it eats the limescale away!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
New plug hole? Few quid from B&Q clean the waste out too.
Thanks given by:
should listen to barry scott with his turbo charged cilit bang hahha!!
Thanks given by:
I can't get underneath the bath - there's no panel, the bastard is tiled in!

White vinegar hasn't had an affect, will have to keep trying other things
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2014, 07:33 PM)Sian Wrote: should listen to barry scott with his turbo charged clit banger hahha!!

Efa
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Lol, I do like the way they try to aim that at guys by calling it 'turbo power'....as the majority of women wouldn't even know what a turbo was. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thick Question ; Brakes Tyronnster 6 987 15-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Last Post: puglove