Cherry 5dr dt

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cherry 5dr dt
After searching long and hard for a good dt at a good price local to me I gave up as they where either rotten and over priced or butchered and overpriced, so one night on ebay i found and bought this cherry 5dr for the grand sum of £70 and only 10 miles away.

[attachment=14242]

[attachment=14243]
Forgive the crap pics there the ebay add ones.

Apparently it had a turbo lump in it originally but the previous owners wannabe mechanic thought that putting a NAD in was a good idea and sold the car when he couldn't get it to run.

So a quick run down the road left me with this sat in my drive way
[attachment=14244]
And after around an hour of scratching my head it hit me why a spare head was included in the sale, the bloody plonka put these on a nad pump
[attachment=14245]

Anyways back to the car, my plans are to copy a bit of piggy's idea and build a "new old car" with a decent engine and turbo, as everytime i drive a newer car i keep craving my 306.

Ideas or opions on this would be great thanks.
Thanks given by:
£70 I would've snapped his arm off!! Looks good.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
its not bad to say it came with 2 brand new tyres, 2 5mm tyres and a brand new geniune clutch in the boot
Thanks given by:
New clutch is worth over what you payed for car!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Wow great bargain

Any ideas on engineypur going to use hdi?xud?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Going xud, so I can run veg hopefully with a nice early spooler strapped to it maybe even a vnt but I need to do more research first really
Thanks given by:
had abit of time today after preparing all the karts for the weekend, so i got cracking with the car and pulled the old block out.
[attachment=14283]

[attachment=14284]

With a bit of help from my younger brother it was out within a few hours, but this little devil decided pining me under the car was a good idea
[attachment=14285]

also went rust hunting and found an expected hole
[attachment=14286]

just wish it was a little smaller, and was surpirsed to find this one
[attachment=14287]

still sticking to my original plan of fully stripping the underside and retreating/resealing
Thanks given by:
I've got holes like that in mine I'm welding in a scrap rear quarter I cut out on Sunday. I cut the whole lot out down to boot floor and up to roof cost me £20 for the panel Smile
Thanks given by:
sounds like i may need to visit my local scrappy then and get a entire quater out of a ph3 then plate and patch
Thanks given by:
That's what I'm doing so I know its a sound job. Best way then buy an inner arch off phase three as well

I'll take some pictures of what I get up to over weekend with it and get them up
Thanks given by:
Good plans, hell of a bloody bargain too!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cheers, I was expecting to pay at least £150 I couldn't believe it when it the bids didn't go up
Thanks given by:
Nice lab,shame about the rust Sad
Thanks given by:
Small update of what ive been up to in my evenings at work, the benifits of staying away for a week or so at a time is a full equiped workshop and full equiped race truck Smile
1: Take a seemingly innocennt subframe
[attachment=14416]
2: Add a grinder with knotted brush ( blasted blasting cabinets not big enoughDodgy)
[attachment=14417]
3: Add much tea followed by the MIG
[attachment=14418]

Not quite finished with the welding yet as i ran out of time before a driver buried a kart sometimes i do wonder how they manage to cause so much damage.

Hopefully ill get it finished off over the weekend and get it sent of for powdercoating along with my lower arms and a few other brackets
Thanks given by:
So managed to get half a day off work so started stripping the engine bay out ready for stripping and painting.

[attachment=14637]

Pulled the servo out to take to work for stripping and cleaning, I keep finding more rusty little parts and it annoys me!
So after wearing out many wire brushes and after alot of recommendations ive ordered some bilt hamber deox-c in both forms to clean up all the brackets etc so i can respray them.

Has anyone on here used bilt hamber products before and what do you think to them?

Subframe got finished over the weekend and one of the lads at work's taking it for powdercoating sometime this week

[attachment=14638]

Also got this photo from my brother off the alternator he stole off my car and figured it looked wrong so he wants to paint it aswell as refurb it.
Any surggestions on colour once its been refurbed?

All comments/ideas are much appreciated

[attachment=14639]
Thanks given by:
Paint it silver just to freshen it up
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Good progress

going to bay the bay/engine?
Thanks given by:
Copper coat ftw!
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2014, 09:27 PM)7057sam Wrote: Good progress

going to bay the bay/engine?

Yeah the bay and inner archs will be fully stripped, and then treated followed by a lovely fresh coat of paint
Thanks given by:
Well over the weekend i managed to get both lower arms stripped of their bushes ( and i use that term loosely, god only knows how it has 10 months mot )

Before

[attachment=14864]

P bush removed

[attachment=14865]

Front bushes where a bit more fun and required a delicate touch with my 32oz ball pien

[attachment=14866]

[attachment=14867]

After removing what little rubber was left on the wishbones i got them im the blasting cabinet and gave them a good coat of krust and zinc primer

[attachment=14868]

[attachment=14869]

Also got this little bargin out of a friends 405 59k on the clock.

[attachment=14870]

Bosch pump, t2 and a blown headgasket
Thanks given by:
Another minor update again, a friend who works in a body shop has offered to refurb a set of my wheels for this so decided to give him my tsw imola's to redo in anthrite

[attachment=14963]

Also been painting my wishbones up in black, ive not got any pics yet ill get some when their dry.

I'd like peoples opions on what bushes to use, i was thinking of febi front wishbone bushes and partner p bushes, the cars not going to be a track weapon however on my other one i fitted all vibatechnics and powerflex stuff as its like a rally stage round mine and i dont like doing 10mph for 20 miles.
Thanks given by:
cheap car and engine, a bargin DIY car Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Managed a bit of work on the old girl today, started on the brake servo and alternator this morning

so started with this
[attachment=15248]

Got it all de rusted and krusted up, as par usual i forgot the during shot
[attachment=15249]

While waiting for the krust to dry i wire brushed and cleaned up the alternator cases

Got them in primer
[attachment=15251]

Then i found a can of paint under the sink and gave them a blow over.
[attachment=15252]

Then the weather decided to play ball so started on the n/s/f arch, derusted and krusted then got a layer of high biuld on.
[attachment=15250]

Hopefully i should be able to get the engine bay and o/s/f arch in primer next week.
As always comments and ideas are greatly appreciated
Thanks given by:
That is some serious attention to detail..are you OCD?? lmao

If the rest of the car gets the same attention [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Thanks given by:
I dont think ive got ocd although enough people have asked that.

The whole car will get the same treatment, the engine a full rebiuld/refresh and a tasty turbo and all suspension components either refurbed or replaced with uprated or oe parts
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 09:31 PM)306Dan Wrote: also went rust hunting and found an expected hole

just wish it was a little smaller, and was surpirsed to find this

Here's the repair to the c pillar in my car

[Image: e5a3ysu7.jpg]

Sounds like nice plans mate, best of luck

Thanks given by:
Another c pillar. Seems to be getting a major problem. Loving the attention to detail with this. Can't wait to see more progress
Thanks given by:
Bit of a revival now ive finally found the time to do a few bits and pieces on the old girl god only knows when the last time i even thought about doing anything on her was.

so this morning i stripped and redid the primer on the n/s/f arch, followed by a coat of stone chip some cherry red and finally 2 coats of 2k laquer

[attachment=19220]

[attachment=19221]

Then started on the engine bay and o/s/f arch

[attachment=19222]

[attachment=19223]

Stripped more paint and rust since those pics but whilst I was under the car i noticed some numpty has used the rail's to jack the car and you can guess what i found

[attachment=19224]

then i found more

[attachment=19225]

so that put an end to today, need to go fetch my welder and gear from work now and properly repair it not the washers i found welded in on a scrap 306 Confused
Thanks given by:
Quick update, managed to get a few hours this afternoon after work to get my newly found holes ground out and replated.

[attachment=19234]

[attachment=19235]

Ordered poly wishbone fr bush's, partner p bush's, genuine peugeot b/j's, wheel bearings, febi tre's, track rods and metal drop links.

This little lot should keep me busy during my week off, roll on 6th oct Big Grin

Also my brother brought home some new led heatlights for the old girl, should help out quite a bit compared to its original ones Big Grin

[attachment=19236]
Thanks given by:
Update Time, I've got a fair bit done today in preperation for my week off next week as I plan to get the engine in and front suspension rebuilt.

Started the morning with a call from Allwoods telling me my parts had started to come in, so my brother swung by on his way home from work tonight to deliver the first load of shiney parts.

[attachment=19306]

No better pics atm as i havent got round to even opening them.

Anyway's on with todays progress, The engine bay and o/s/f arch are all in paint and have had 2 coats of 2k laquer.

Bay and arch primed.
[attachment=19307]
[attachment=19308]

Then put the base coat down.
[attachment=19309]
[attachment=19310]

And finally laquered
[attachment=19311]
[attachment=19312]

All thats left to do now over the next few days is a finish my newly seam welded subframe, paint a wishbone and a hub after they ended up on my brothers car Angry
Thanks given by: