FUEL PUMP HELP!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUEL PUMP HELP!
Is the high pressure fuel pump on the 2.0 HDI the same as the 1.9 DT?
Thanks given by:
In a word, no.

What's the problem with the pump you've got? I'm not too good with hdi's, but there are plenty of people on here that are. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The car isn't starting, it's turning over (just) but its not properly starting Sad garage thinks its the high pressure pump.

It's the last thing it needs before it can be put back on the road
Thanks given by:
is the low pressure ok?

is the cam and crank sensors ok?

then is the fuel filter new ish?

we presume that the garage is doing the job correctly but some don't realize or don't check the pump in the tank which is the normal thing stopping them from starting

no point jumping in at the deep end if hp is not fultey
Thanks given by:
By turning over just, has you charged the battery? Positive hdis are a ball ache when it comes to battery power dropping ever so slightly it's not enough to power some sensors or something?
Thanks given by:
You need to read the fault codes and figure out what's going wrong.
It's unlikely the pump would suddenly die, you would ahve had cutting out issues and slow starting for a long time before hand?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
As above, they don't need a full battery (started mine with 11.7v today no problem lol!), but if its not turning over quick enough the injectors wont fire.
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 06:42 PM)madmadmax Wrote: is the low pressure ok?

is the cam and crank sensors ok?

then is the fuel filter new ish?

we presume that the garage is doing the job correctly but some don't realize or don't check the pump in the tank which is the normal thing stopping them from starting

no point jumping in at the deep end if hp is not fultey

They said they'd checked both pumps, I don't think it's the high pressure since its already been changed (old one still in boot). Don't know if they've checked the cam and crank sensors but ill say to them tomorrow, yeah there's a new fuel filter in it. The car was running perfectly fine before it went in to get the back axle changed and work done for mot, now it won't start.

(11-03-2014, 06:42 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: By turning over just, has you charged the battery? Positive hdis are a ball ache when it comes to battery power dropping ever so slightly it's not enough to power some sensors or something?

Yeah the battery is charged on it.

(11-03-2014, 07:01 PM)pro_steve Wrote: You need to read the fault codes and figure out what's going wrong.
It's unlikely the pump would suddenly die, you would ahve had cutting out issues and slow starting for a long time before hand?

It only cut out once after it had been up on a jack and we think that the fuel went back on itself.
Thanks given by:
I be curious what evidence they have to say its the HP pump.
What did their plug in diagnostics return with?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Don't know, they just told me it was that, unlikely though since the one in the boot was done recently and it still smells strongly of diesel.
Thanks given by:
There's been some issues with the wiring to the lift pumps recently, might be worth checking that over if they've been working under the car - maybe it's been caught or damaged.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok Smile think I'm going to tow it back from the garage and have a look at it myself
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 06:44 AM)Poodle Wrote: There's been some issues with the wiring to the lift pumps recently, might be worth checking that over if they've been working under the car - maybe it's been caught or damaged.

no wiring for the fuel system is under the car other than along the front crossmember, everything else is in the engine bay or in the cabin under the carpets+seats.
Thanks given by:
have we forgotten to mention the the fuel cut off switch in the engine bay and the fuel system priming sequence

for priming switch the ignition to the acc position and swich off when the engine and abs light have go off, do that 5 times.
Thanks given by:
Can you hear the lift pump priming when you turn the ignition on? Lift the rear drivers side seat and listen for the whine of it. Usually runs for about 5 seconds when you turn on the ignition.
Thanks given by:
Can't hear the lift pump
Thanks given by:
If you've got a multimeter, see if you get 12v to the lift pump when the ignition is switched on.

If you do, it sounds like a dead lift pump. If you don't, check/replace the relay (behind the ECU in the engine bay)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increasing fuel pump output? JTaylor2005 7 1,922 06-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  HP Fuel Pump FPR Bolts BiG K 13 2,416 30-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Removing Hp fuel pump Welshy_Pete 8 1,800 24-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Last Post: toseland