Closest Person for Remap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closest Person for Remap
Yes before anyone says anything there are 101 threads about this but i really cant find what i was looking for at 3am.

I have a standard 306 hdi and tbh after my other one it feels like it doesnt move.

I know you all use the same people but whos closest to Lincolnshire to go to please?

Im just after stage 1 remap for some more horses (if tesco's hasnt got them all) and slightly better mpg if possible?

The car wont be sorted for a few weeks yet as i have other commitments and tbh i cant bare to look at it in daylight aha.

Will be running egr blanking plate (stupid y reg so havent disconnected as has hissy), Pipercross panel filter, Decat and Mid-box removed, if this helps, pretty usual spec i know.

Ooo yes milage is 105k with history and recent belt change, hopefully by then will have figured out whats wrong with the damn clutch too.

Thanks for any helps
Thanks given by:
get an mpps cable off ebay and upload it yourself. JP is in manchester and pro_steve is in bristol i think, whippy is in leeds?
Thanks given by:
wouldnt have the first clue where to start mate, never done anything like that to a car, unless somebody able to give me some pointers?
Thanks given by:
If you have a windows laptop and are even slightly computer savvy you should be able to do it DIY with an MPPS cable.

McGlynn gave the accurate locations of us if you did want to visit.

Alternatively there is also Pete TB205 who also does remaps if you went down the MPPS/DIY route...

Cheers

Dave
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 01:59 PM)Mr Whippy Wrote: If you have a windows laptop and are even slightly computer savvy you should be able to do it DIY with an MPPS cable.

McGlynn gave the accurate locations of us if you did want to visit.

Alternatively there is also Pete TB205 who also does remaps if you went down the MPPS/DIY route...

Cheers

Dave

thanks for the help i may have to see if someone can give me a crash course on how to do it then, if not visit one of you guys

thanks
Thanks given by:
Steve has a pretty good writeup how to use galletto on his site.
Thanks given by:
Guides on the three most popular tools here, I personally recommend the MPPS: http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappin...loads.html
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
seconded mpps is the tool for me, and its comes with the ability to run 'boot mode' so hopefully you cant brick the ecu
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 07:51 PM)pro_steve Wrote: Guides on the three most popular tools here, I personally recommend the MPPS: http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappin...loads.html

really helpful thanks for that...

so do i have to make a map from scratch or buy them sorry that bit that is confusing me, maybe being silly only scan read the guide
Thanks given by:
It's as simple as: read the ECU, email the file to one of the tuners available, wait for them to modify it and email it back to you. Upload with the same tool. No need to do anything complicated yourself, I always say that if you're competent with a windows computer then you'll have no trouble.

As for boot mode, yes it does do it, however unless you're really good with electronics it will take you a long time to figure out, it's not that straight forward. I can repair them quickly if sent to me though, the best way is to follow the guides and the chances of bricking the ECU are realllly low. I get maybe 1/2 a year, and with royal mail special delivery the ECU can be back within three days so it's really not a big deal.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Pro Steve how much do you charge?
Thanks given by:
Barney its all on his website prices.
Thanks given by:
I'm doing stage 1 maps for £50 and stage 2 for £70 if done via email until 1st April.

Thanks,

James
JP
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2014, 07:07 PM)jammapic Wrote: I'm doing stage 1 maps for £50 and stage 2 for £70 if done via email until 1st April.

Thanks,

James

that sounds more than reasonable, messaged you for few more specifics mate

thanks
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2014, 07:07 PM)jammapic Wrote: I'm doing stage 1 maps for £50 and stage 2 for £70 if done via email until 1st April.

Thanks,

James

Are your remaps generic files or custom maps?
Thanks given by:
Theyre custom files bud. He has mapped a few different cars on here Including my own stage 2, and a few friends stage 1's.
Thanks given by:
Yep, all custom. No generic junk here!
JP
Thanks given by:
Are you on facebbok jammapic? I couldn't use my old account on here so had to start a new one so I can't pm you
Thanks given by:
James Pickering on fb bud
Thanks given by: