2.0 hdi loom and ecu

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.0 hdi loom and ecu
hi iv just fitted a 2.0 hdi in my berlingo due to my 1.6 breaking a rod, i have a loom for it but its gonna be so hard to mate them together with it being an earlier loom and having single plug for ecu and was originaly 3 plug so my interior loom plugs into a 3 plug ecu, if i buy a 3 plug bosch ed15c2 ecu for the 2.0 hdi ( rhy ) and have it unlocked and de immobilsed could i just buy any 2.0 hdi engine loom that has that has the 3 plugs to save me getting mine cut and spliced etc.
Thanks given by:
anyone
Thanks given by:
I have a single plug ecu key and transponder from a 206 not to sure if I still have the loom though pm me if interested
Thanks given by:
iv got a single plug bosch edc15 but i need a 3 plug one
Thanks given by:
Ive got the engine part of the loom. Ill check its condition tonight.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 05:48 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Ive got the engine part of the loom. Ill check its condition tonight.

thanks for reply guys but your both missing my post lol i wanna know if its possible to just fit any loom of 2.0 hdi and fit a bosch 3 plug ecu thats unlocked lol
Thanks given by:
Try some punctuation bud, might help people understand the question. Wink

If i've understood you right, yes, you can get an unlocked ecu to run the engine, i don't know how it'd work out with the rest of your van though, aren't the later berlingos multiplexed?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol will remember the tip in future to make clearer

With regards to the van my interior loom should plug into the first plug on a 3 plug ecu.
The only thing that might be different is if the 1st plug on a edc15 operates different things to what my edc16 did.
Thanks given by:
Right i'm with you. Tbh its probably going to be easier to just rewire the correct ecu plug from scratch, you've got the diagrams for both so you can cross-reference to find it all.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Where can I get a pinout diagram for edc16 ecu?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Autodata or haynes.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
no joy with either and i cant work haynes diagrams out
Thanks given by:
The only other option I can think of is to go through the loom by hand and wire it up that way... Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
i think thats a mission doing it like that is it a job an auto electrician can do
Thanks given by:
They could, whether they would is a different matter, wouldn't cost anything to ask. Should think it'd be fooking expensive if they do though lol, purely because it'll take so long.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 08:11 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: Where can I get a pinout diagram for edc16 ecu?

Thanks

auto data has pin out info you can download the latest version on pirate bay

http://piratebay.come.in/torrent/4812709...l_Version)
Thanks given by:
is it safe to download?
Thanks given by:
i have and it works fine thats how i found out the pin out lol
Thanks given by:
Iv tried to download it and it wont work
Thanks given by:
use bit torrent
Thanks given by:
Jay, I just don't think you're going to get it working through an EDC15 with EDC16 wiring loom. What are the chances of them having the same pinout when you think the EDC15 2.0 doesnt use half of those fancy new features. But, why would peugeot make the plugs the same if the wiring was different?

I would probably just get a complete wiring loom to save time and effort if it were me...?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
hi steve the engine loom is edc15 and ecu, its the plug from interior loom thats edc16 but im really hoping that the plug will plug straight into the edc15 or if the plug can be redone to fit it?
Thanks given by:
The problem is that the EDC16 loom at that point would be completely different as the cars generally have a lot more electronics.

Can't you get the complete loom from a 2.0 Bosch van?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: