Project hopeful, no will power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project hopeful, no will power
So the tune has gone downhill Sad still cant get enough fuel in to start with. Throttle doesn't feel like I've got enough travel on. (may grind the bit on pump) also my boost has now settled on 1.4 bar again. Probably because I don't have a mbc. One is on order should be here tomorrow. So ill plumb that in and take a look at the pump again tonight hopefully. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Also just asked piggy for some arps. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
its all going in the right direction! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 06:55 PM)Eeyore Wrote: its all going in the right direction! Big Grin

That's the idea. Smile 200bhp here I come.... Well at some point.

Anyway. Trying to sort my fueling issues and adjust the pump. Manages to get some more throttle travel and knocked the bit on the pump off while I was at it. Still cant get it to go any further though. Add pics in a sec.

Where it is and where I want it to be.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Arghhhh!!! My mbc didn't turn up. Now I have slow car on way home.
Thanks given by:
So im now really annoyed. I think i have an issue! My turbo isnt boosting properly. Thought sod it. Im not driving a slow car home ill disconnect the actuator. Well i did that and the turbos still not boosting well. I either have a boost leak, actuator problem or dying turbo. Just what i dont need right now. Also still struggling getting fuel in with the 11mm. I was expecting it was going to be an issue getting it to stop smoking not me struggling for fuel.
Thanks given by:
Is it smoking at all?

Sounds like you might have a blocked strainer or similar somewhere if it's clean and not making boost...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Smoking hard under labouring. Just not a lot else where. Ive got a spare filter so ill change that tomorrow and then clean the strainer when i dont have a full tank. Just annoyed about the turbo atm as well!
Thanks given by:
Go round with the good old fairy liquid and check for leaks!

The turbo won't have failed I seriously doubt, you'd know if it had!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Well ill check for leaks but i think to be honest the actuators probably had it will be my bet. Just all seems to happen at once.
Thanks given by:
What turbo are you running again?
Any play in it or undue amounts of oil?
Thanks given by:
Gt2052s. Small bugger. Anyway ive got a leak tester for boost at work so strapped that on. Boost leak. Big boost leak. So nipped up t clamp. Also checked my actuator. Its at full travel when the actuator is closed. Well it seems to be i cant move the bugger. So slackened it off a touch and im now running 1.2 bar in everygear. Still slow but not as bad as she was. Im hoping the mbc ive got coming will allow me to run the actuator in a more relaxed position and therefore allow me to run more boost by opening later. Hoping for 1.7 bar ish. If i cant hit my target aim ill just sack the turbo off and buy a vnt just go balls out. I mean why the f*ck not right.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 01:30 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I mean why the f*ck not right.
THat's the spirit!!

However get it running right before spending money on a new turbo or you might find it's not the turbo that's causing the issue.

Defo check strainer and fuel filter first.
Thanks given by:
Yeah ive got a few bits to do as yet. The plan is vnt eventually anyway and with some arps secured as well its looking good. Just want the dam thing running well again. Hopefully tonight Smile
Thanks given by:
YES!!! FINALLY after all this time cocking about with the 11mm pump and having turbo issues. Ive done it with no help (apart from piggy,ruan,dum dum, serval pump guides online) turbos back and boosting at peak 1.9 bar in 5th got a little haze of smoke and my christ man does she shift. I mean really shift for the first time this feels like driving a fast car rather than a nippy run about. The headbolts are hating it and the clutch is screaming no but i dont care!!!
Thanks given by:
Was it the actuator then? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The three problems. Yes three problems unfortunately all at once. Was 1. Big ass boost leak
2.pump bot delivering enough fuel (finally knocked the bit off the pump to allow extra travel and adjusted to suit along with knocking the lda down to gain some more fueling down low.
3. The actuator was incorrectly adjusted. At its shortest it qasnt even allowing the wastegate to open but due to the boost leak it was compensating and giving me low boost. Adjusted down. I think its still a bit weak as my boost in 2nd and 3rd starts at 1.8 bar and comes down a touch. But it works. Well. And i like it. Smile
Thanks given by:
2.1, decent ish turbo, 11mm pump and hazing on boost at 1.9 bar. Thats got to be over 180bhp if not approaching 200bhp
Thanks given by:
So i had a bit of brake fade on this last night during "testing" trying to get it setup. Im still on 266s ive got some 283s to go on soon just got to sort out a stuck pin. Next weeks job. Im after some reasonably priced discs and pads that will cope with some abuse and the occasional track day. Suggestions?
Thanks given by:
Where does your throttle arm rest with no tension on it?
Thanks given by:
Right against the bit of metal where the anti stool screw used to be. Why?
Thanks given by:
great stuff that you managed to sort the problems out! its a f*cking nightmare when you get 3 problems in one go!
Thanks given by:
So my clutch is slowly getting burnt out atm. Saving for a new one. Can pay piggy for headbolts and get them on the way. But on a side note i need a new steering wheel. The current wheel is a base spec 205 wheel which is great. But my car has no pas and the wheels kinda slippy. Anyone have and cheap recommendations for a new\second hand grippy steering wheel.
Thanks given by:
ARPS just paid for. hopefully see them soon. would be good to get them on and not worry about the head lifting anymore. Big thanks to the piggy for sorting them out
Thanks given by:
Yahhh

Thanks given by:
Arp head bolts are in!! Now for more BOOST.

Well actually i need to repair my slipping clutch next then more BOOST.

Well sort off i should really sort the fuel leak. But then BOOST, BOOST, BOOOOOSST
Thanks given by:
Clutch!

Thanks given by:
When's it going in?
Thanks given by:
When i get chance. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. Not a bad job just have limited time running up to wedding.
Thanks given by:
Keen mechanic like you...couple hours? Tongue

I sense a late night on the horizon
Thanks given by: