3 door seats in 5 door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 door seats in 5 door
As above what do I need to do?

Reason is 3 door seats are always on sale and usually cheaper as well. So before you say don't bother that's why
Got to love it when you have no ideaDodgy
Thanks given by:
You 'just' need to swap the seat bases over from yours to the 3dr ones. But they aren't just screwed on unfortunately, needs to be cut off and welded on afaik.
Thanks given by:
Just go to the scrap yard and get some nice 5 door seats.
Thanks given by:
Theres a guide on this on either this forum or theywhoshallnotbenamed.
I posted a question about this a few weeks ago on here.
Thanks given by:
you can do it on some seats but it ends up with your seats an inch or two higher, didn't work on drivers side though as it was different so i had to retrim it . .Smile

you will need a grinder . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 02:00 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you can do it on some seats but it ends up with your seats an inch or two higher, didn't work on drivers side though as it was different so i had to retrim it . .Smile

How easy to re trim
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 02:16 PM)camoturd Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 02:00 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you can do it on some seats but it ends up with your seats an inch or two higher, didn't work on drivers side though as it was different so i had to retrim it . .Smile

How easy to re trim

big faf about mate, took me 2 days to sort it all out, i only did it because i got some blue fleck S16 seats, best seats ever put in a 306, seriously just keep your eye out for a 5 door set, much much easier . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/index....3doorseats found this link because I'm thinking about doing it o mine. From what I've heard the rear seats won't click into the upright position is this true? Mods to help fix?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
They don't click in no, you'll just have to invent something mate. Smile
Thanks given by:
Fair enough won't be the first time I've gone macgyver
Thanks given by:
Right incase anyone is still interested I started today by putting the rear seats from a 3 door to fit in my 5 door properly so they click in.
[attachment=14742]
So undo the rear covers on the zips
Also undo the two torx screws that hold the catch bit in place [attachment=14743]pull the seat cover forward. You can now put your hand inside and unclip the headrest bits. Two tags either side squeeze together and pull out from the top[attachment=14744]slide the.new seat cover in do the zips up and push the headrest bits back in. They will click back Into place.
You will be left with an odd shape hole that the 3 door cover has that 5 door doesn't you need to mod it like this
[attachment=14746] screw the cover back on. Now they fit and click in Smile [attachment=14747] and half way done. I'm going to do the fronts soon. Can put up how to swap the fronts soon when I do them if you need to.know.
Thanks given by:
that's a good idea actually, i found a way to do it without involving the grinder lol, i think i might do this as i have some spare 5 door seats, would be a bit tidier . . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2014, 06:43 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: that's a good idea actually, i found a way to do it without involving the grinder lol, i think i might do this as i have some spare 5 door seats, would be a bit tidier . . . .Smile

If u have found away please get it up on here so I can get it done as easier to find three door that 5 door
Thanks given by:
I'm going to be doing it in the next few days not sure when yet. I'll take pictures and write it on here for others to see. I picked up the blue fleck ones in the pic for a tenner. So worth a try
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2014, 07:58 PM)camoturd Wrote:
(29-03-2014, 06:43 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: that's a good idea actually, i found a way to do it without involving the grinder lol, i think i might do this as i have some spare 5 door seats, would be a bit tidier . . . .Smile

If u have found away please get it up on here so I can get it done as easier to find three door that 5 door

I've done it as I told you before, have a look in my project thread for more info if you're interested Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2014, 09:23 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(29-03-2014, 07:58 PM)camoturd Wrote:

I've done it as I told you before, have a look in my project thread for more info if you're interested Smile

Sorry mate completely misread lol will look now cheers mate
So did u just take the padding of the 3 door seats and put on your 5 door frames if so is it simple to do or take a good while?
Thanks given by:
Fitted front seats today. They are a bugger I used this guide a little and made rest up. It's doable but took me around 3 hours with a bacon sarnie in between
http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/index....3doorseats
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2014, 03:49 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: Fitted front seats today. They are a bugger I used this guide a little and made rest up. It's doable but took me around 3 hours with a bacon sarnie in between

Yeah am hoping for a way without a grinder as I don't have one to use
Thanks given by:
Where are you you're welcome to BORROW MINE

CAP LOCKS not intended stupid tablet
Thanks given by:
Portsmouth mate guessing far from you lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah a touch I'm Suffolk way
Thanks given by:
Lol anyway I heard doing it the guide way the driver seat is a little high
Thanks given by:
A touch but not excessive it was a pain to do drivers one tbf
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough so passengers was easy then
Thanks given by:
So easy I'm going to remove the up down adjuster today on drivers to make it sit a little lower but involves making a very simple bracket. When I make it I'll take measurements and put on here. That way really easy to get the right height seat.
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2014, 03:49 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: Fitted front seats today. They are a bugger I used this guide a little and made rest up. It's doable but took me around 3 hours with a bacon sarnie in between

yeah i followed that guide BUT . . . . . .if you're fitting S16 seats like i was the drivers seat is different and the guide doesn't work, that's why i ended up re-trimming the drivers seat, swapped subframes on the passenger though and i wouldn't want to be sitting that high up myself, adds another inch or so . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 11:13 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

yeah i followed that guide BUT . . . . . .if you're fitting S16 seats like i was the drivers seat is different and the guide doesn't work, that's why i ended up re-trimming the drivers seat, swapped subframes on the passenger though and i wouldn't want to be sitting that high up myself, adds another inch or so . . .Smile

Fair enough I will just retrim both side lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sealing interior door panel Mighty306 4 1,848 25-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear passenger side door won't open DonGonzo 0 865 19-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  5 door phase 3 interior parts for sale Teeharv 1 2,080 15-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Teeharv