Toms306s Project - Fodge!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s Project - Fodge!
Curt Wrote:Jacking on the middle of the beam isn't advisable, but what's wrong with one each side? I do have some experience this area as mine is the same before you inevitably argue...

Im just going by what I've read on vag forums and looking at the beam it looks a bit Erm thin lol. :?

If the beams strong enough to jack on I'll use that in future, just looked a bit weak to me lol. Not like the nice thick beam between torsion bars on a 306.
Thanks given by:
I always use the beam for axle stands, one at each end and never had a problem mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:I always use the beam for axle stands, one at each end and never had a problem mate Smile

Fair enough, not sure I'd trust stands on there but will jack up on there and stick the stands on the jacking points next time. Smile
Thanks given by:
Btw, took a few more pics but couldnt be arsd to load them from the phone lol.....

Can you see it ninja

[Image: Towbarandgarden158.jpg]

Did have to butcher the bumper a bit...with a blunt hacksaw and no file lol.....atleast its only me that'll see it! lol

[Image: Towbarandgarden159.jpg]

Towball fits nicely next to the jack....didnt realise till after I bought it that this is THE OEM towbar which was a VW option lol! Big Grin

[Image: Towbarandgarden160.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hang on, what's supporting the car at the other side?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
A stand and the shit vw jack.....they just about fit together on on point.

Anyway, thought is give you guys a laugh.....the reliable German golf had to be helped by the English rover this morning. lmao
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Wheels on the rover look stupid.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:rover looks stupid.

Edited for accuracy purposes Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Don't let mum's bf hear you say that lol :o
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:rovers are wank

Edited for accuracy purposes Wink

Edited to make sure it's 100% accurate.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well whatever you think of it, I woulda been stuck without it this morning! lmao

Totally my fault though, listened to the radio for two hours, had boot open for ages (boot light on) tested lights after fitting towbar then did a few short (under 5 mile) journeys....so not really surprising it was dead this morning lol. Doh
Thanks given by:
i cant understand battery's, i can listen to loud music with my sub for over an hour and my car will start fine, but sams for example dies so quick
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:i cant understand battery's, i can listen to loud music with my sub for over an hour and my car will start fine, but sams for example dies so quick

Our diesel batterys are bigger cos of the massive starters and glowplugs.....petrol batteries dont do much lol....

But also depends on how 'worn' the battery is.....
Thanks given by:
never really thought of that lol!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Anyway back on topic, bought some service parts this morning.....from VW!! Confusedhock: Its on variable servicing but the oil looks rank so I'm gonna do it early lol, its been 18 months and 20k since the last 'minor' (just oil and filter) service anyway.

Got:

Longlife oil
Oil filter
Sump plug/washer
Fuel filter
Pollen filter

And it came to £80 quid, which I guess isn't too bad for every 4 years for this 'major' service lol. Smile

Just gotta get round to doing it now lol.....maybe tomorow weather permitting. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thats not that bad considering you got it from VW

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Thats not that bad considering you got it from VW

Yup, TPS told me I couldnt get partsthere anymore unless its for a garage. Sad So went to VW instead lol.

Would been cheaper at tps.....or at robinsons vw as i get discount there.....but driving to norwich to save £20 would be counter productive. lmao
Thanks given by:
Ah crap............

Just asked on DG about TPS......and one of the admin posted this Doh

andymk4 - DubGen Wrote:If you're a full member of DubGen, there is a special account set up with them so you can use them.

So I coulda used TPS AND got a discount. Doh Why didnt I know this earlier. Sad
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Ah crap............

If you're a full member of DubGen, there is a special account set up with them so you can use them.

Briskoda members get 25% off ECP plus a load of other websites.

But more importantly when the f*ck did you buy another boat :o
Thanks given by:
stevobeavo Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Ah crap............

If you're a full member of DubGen, there is a special account set up with them so you can use them.

Briskoda members get 25% off ECP plus a load of other websites.

But more importantly when the f*ck did you buy another boat :o

Ecp give discount to pretty much anyone lol....they're on most forums and they have their own discount each week or so lol, its Easter discount atm....

Dubgen have loads of discounts that I didn't know about lol.

Also....end of Feb I bought this one lol.....
Thanks given by:
Sooooo, I completed the service earlier, one of the easy things on the golf lol. Big Grin
Got a few 'issues' that should be sorted though..

1. Outer CV boot split BUT its around the thin end and there's very little grease loss so doesn't need sorting urgently I'd assume.

2. Flexi fuel lines from filter to block have deteriorated and have little cracks like you'd expect on an old tyre.....these need relaxing obviously, so can I replace them with silicone ones to match boost hoses?

3. Split wishbone bushes. Now these were MOT advisories in October so have got worse since. BUT the wishbones different from 306 ones so not sure how much play to expect before these need replacing. I'm not even sure if vertical play is normal from the horizontal rear bush....:point: so looking for vids of knackered ones on YouTube atm lol....only found one so far. :?
Thanks given by:
Don't use silicone for fuel hoses. Use proper coloured fuel/oil pipes. Oil/diesel will eat through the silicone with ease and then you'd be moaning about your vag pissing diesel out everywhere Smile
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:Don't use silicone for fuel hoses. Use proper coloured fuel/oil pipes. Oil/diesel will eat through the silicone with ease and then you'd be moaning about your VAGaygay pissing diesel out everywhere Smile

Ah ok, that's kinda what I was expecting lol. Will make sure its fuel stuff then. Smile
Thanks given by:
SFS do coloured fuel hoses and their boost hoses are awesome!
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:SFS do coloured fuel hoses and their boost hoses are awesome!

Probably expensive though lol. Sad
Thanks given by:
Not really..
Thanks given by:
you can get silicon hoses that are rated for use with fuel, they just have a different internal layer to cope with it
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
yes.. FUEL hose..
Thanks given by:
yeah i know, i was just meaning so it'd match with whatever else he's got in the bay
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Jesus, a five page project thread on a vagaygay on a 306 forum, it's not even got stance and now there's a Rover 25 on brown wheels!

I want my donation back lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toms306s "Bit Of A 'State" Toms306 227 86,752 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191