Gti6 axle on HDI?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti6 axle on HDI?
Bought a GTI6 axle yesterday, it came with discs but they've seen better days so they wont be staying on, I was just wondering is it a straight fit or what?
Thanks given by:
Same as a HDI Dturbo hatch beam. Compared to a HDI meridian estate it will be lower, stiffer ARB, slightly softer TBs.

Compared to a lower spec HDI estate I don't know.

Ps I have a GTI beam on mine. Thicker ARB is definitely an improvement as the back end does a lot less leaning. Problem for me is I tow a sheep trailer so with it being slightly lower and slightly softer it ends up a bit too low when I've got a couple of fat pregnant sheep pushing the tow bar down! So I want to raise it up and stiffen it up, going to ride like an empty van when the boot is empty though :S
Thanks given by:
Okay so it will just go straight on then? The handbrake looks different
Thanks given by:
in what way?

Does it have some wierd load compensator on there? If so then get that off, you don;t need it.

I would swap over all your brakes (calipers, cables, discs, pads) onto the new beam. Also worth doing the beam mounts while you are at it if they are starting to split.
Thanks given by:
Okay so ill just swap everything over and it will go straight on, hopefully! Lol
Thanks given by:
Ill update you tomorrow might be putting it on depending on the weather
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  B4/Eibach with GTI6 Rear Axle MY95 3 1,214 24-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Last Post: MY95
  GTi6. beam bearings and stub axle measurements Ben_w 14 3,089 01-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Ben_w
  1998 gti6 Axle on 2001 HDI boggs 4 1,176 02-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Toms306