Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central locking
Where is the central locking unit in a phase 2

Thanks
Thanks given by:
dec-66 Wrote:Where is the central locking unit in a phase 2

Thanks

Why? because if this is due to it not working I would place money on it being a broken wire between the body and door unless you have already checked that? Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Well I haven't checked the wires between the door and the body but the central locking works but when u try to lock it it unlocks straight after u lock if that makes sense lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that's probably the wires between the door broken then, notorious fault mate
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dec-66 Wrote:Well I haven't checked the wires between the door and the body but the central locking works but when u try to lock it it unlocks straight after u lock if that makes sense lol

yeah that is 99.9% a broken wire if the locks are "bouncing" when you lock it Wink

remove the rubber cover between the door and car body carefully and check the wires for breaks, repair with soldering iron and then feel smug that you have fixed the problem :geek:
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'd go with loom too, look at the thread under this one....I was locking and unlocking the doors on decs car by just moving the plug around lol......sounds the same as yours!
Thanks given by:
To answer your question mate it's in the drivers side rear seat, lift up the bottom of the seat and you'll see the writes going in to the seat upright BUT for your issue I would try the drivers door loom where the door opens...it pains me as I have to agree with airey and I don't like that lmao

My locking didn't work at all when I bought my car, so i unplugged the locking unit (both plugs) in the seat, left for 10 mins, reconnected and the locking worked again Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
i literally just had to rewire mine bud, pm me if you need any help
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
dec-66 Wrote:Well I haven't checked the wires between the door and the body but the central locking works but when u try to lock it it unlocks straight after u lock if that makes sense lol

door closed switches in the locks not making or the wires broke

you could link out the switch wires on the box to fool the unit into thinking the doors closed then it will lock without unlocking Wink
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:i literally just had to rewire mine bud, pm me if you need any help

yep we had exactly this problem with Decs car. Itll be the loom! :dance:
Thanks given by:
Any updates on this mate? Smile

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
seems likes the previous owner has played with the loom already and spliced the leccy window wire back together lol also all the connections between the loom and the door have gone green so still thinking of what i could do next lol
Thanks given by:
i would just re solder each broken one at a time, then heatshrink it Smile

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,119 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,278 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,617 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306