Help won't start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help won't start
306 HDI just shed the auxilliary belt and now will not start. Any ideas, would it start with a new belt? Should that make any odds to it starting?
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt have thought the aux belt would stop it from starting, unless you've run the battery flat. Any other symptoms?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 10:09 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I wouldnt have thought the aux belt would stop it from starting, unless you've run the battery flat. Any other symptoms?
Battery is fine turns over then screeches and won't start. I suspect cam belt has jumped
Thanks given by:
As you say, your aux belt could have taken the cambelt with it. Definitely worth taking the covers off to have a look and check all the timing holes line up.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 06:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: As you say, your aux belt could have taken the cambelt with it. Definitely worth taking the covers off to have a look and check all the timing holes line up.

The cam belt jumped and under the rocker cover are numerous broken bits of metal. The car is now advertised in the parts section on this site.
Thanks to everybody for their advice.
Kevin
Thanks given by:
all it will be is a case of replacing the rockers & lifters bud. Easy enough fix
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 08:39 PM)mcglynn Wrote: all it will be is a case of replacing the rockers & lifters bud. Easy enough fix

My mate Chris who builds racing cars and has had a couple of HDIs says the fix is easy and cheap. BUT the little bearing fragments get everywhere and a while later the engine is screwed.
Thanks given by:
An oil flush would be a good job, aswell as a damn good clean up top too to get rid of any fragments.

I can understand though that it may cause problems.
Thanks given by: