coolant sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coolant sensor
does anybody know if the coolant sensor (the green one) can affect the running of the engine gti 6
Thanks given by:
Yes. Substantially
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yes! The green one is for the ECU, so if the ECU thinks the coolant is cold all the time it won't be ideal....
Thanks given by:
If its gone O/C, it defaults to -40 degrees and chucks basically your entire tank of fuel and some more in in one revolution lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
mine has a slight misfire and the revs seem to stay up for a second when changing gear.
Thanks given by:
If you've got a multimeter it's easy enough to check - across the two pins you should be seeing around 2500 ohms resistance at 20 degrees and around 250 ohms resistance at 90 degrees.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 07:48 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: If you've got a multimeter it's easy enough to check - across the two pins you should be seeing around 2500 ohms resistance at 20 degrees and around 250 ohms resistance at 90 degrees.

Must be similar readings for a HDI as well right?
Just looked and on the HDI it's 3 pin, so probably not as easy Smile
Thanks given by:
am i best to get one from Peugeot or are the ones on ebay ok.
anybody please.
Thanks given by:
Test it like this:
[Image: CTS.jpg]

I had one from peugeot and it was really rather cheap but that was in Germany so no idea what they're like here.
Try just ringing your local dealership up and asking about availability and price that's the only way you'll really find out.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
First of all hi everyone Tongue

Didn't want to do the rookie mistake and create a new thread for no good reason - I'm getting a bit confused about the temp sensors in my 1.8. It has some rather intermittent idle/performance issues and shows the #14 ECT sensor code, so I assumed that's a place to start. Now there's the two sensors on the back of thermostat housing - the one on the right with the brown/black connector that turns on the fans once it's unplugged and the green one on the left that from reading online and on Autodata is supposed to be the main one? Why I'm asking is that it has only one contact on it while the connector and every info I find implies that it's supposed to have two.

Other than that it's resistance (between the single contact and earth) is somewhat in the ballpark, if a bit low for the temperature I tested it at. I bought a new sensor this morning but not sure I got the right one as the guy said there were atleast 4 versions. It's got two contacts but measuring resistance at room temperature it's 1.9kOhm and also it seems to rise with temperature - the other way it's supposed to according to the table in Autodata. Also it's connector is brown. I'm getting confused here.

So which one of the two sensors is the ECT one? How many contacts is it supposed to have for sure and is Autodata even right on it's properties?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coolant Temp Sensor Part Number? Dum-Dum 4 1,630 09-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum