New Daily - Fiat Punto Grande 1.9 MJet - Added Pictures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Daily - Fiat Punto Grande 1.9 MJet - Added Pictures
Just landed a graduate job thats 45 miles round trip away so can't justify driving the datsun everyday mon-fri down bumpy B-roads!

I've mananged to aquire a 56 plate Punto Grande 1.9 MJet Sporting nice and cheap in a lovely orange variety.

6 speed, bit more modern, generally a decent drive, long MOT, reasonable milage (all motorway, covered 50k in last 3 years now sitting on 70k).

Anyone know about remaping on these?

I've read over Fiat forums that 160-200BHP is achivable.

Maybe some one will have a bit of knowledge on them if I'm lucky!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Friend of mine has one of these. Fairly nice tbf. Aye, do take well to remaps, 170 seems fairly common with a fair whack of torque too!
Thanks given by:
Thats good news then! My friend had one exactly the same when I was at college four years ago! It wasn't that far off my stage 2 limited torque 306 in standard form.

From what I can see "Red Dot" and "Celtic Tuning" are the ones to go for? Can anyone confirm?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
what engine code?
Thanks given by:
Does it say on the reg doc or do I need to go look, where abouts is it printed on the engine? I'll google it.. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure you only get the equivalent to the Z19dt (120) in those, so 200bhp is optimistic! 170ish sounds right though. A guy at college had one of these when I had the mapped Golf, wasn't hard to leave behind tbh. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Id stay away from celtic tuning. Get someone who maps these all the time. What ecu is it?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It's the 130BHP engine coded: M737 PUNTO 130CV.

Just blasted all the crap/mud off it and it has a LOAD of tar that needs removing so I'll be giving it a full clay/polish/wax/etc on Saturday.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Here's a few pictures of the beast.

Gave it a quick jet wash off, will be getting a full clay, Hoover etc Saturday!

Before:
[Image: pujuzamu.jpg]
[Image: eqyregyj.jpg]

After:
[Image: 8ahe6e4u.jpg]
[Image: asaqymy2.jpg]
[Image: abavavah.jpg]
[Image: udanu6aj.jpg]

Reason for needing a clay etc (tar):
[Image: veqypusy.jpg]
[Image: u6evady5.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Il openly admit these are cool in orange but I just wish they put the z19dth in them, would be an absolute animal with one in.
Thanks given by:
At least you cant lose it in a car park.... lol
Thanks given by:
So yeh it looks nice. Maybe if you had a fake tan youd blend in!
Thanks given by:
There's got to be a joke somewhere linking the colour of the car to that of the RAC fleet vans...

Looks nice to be fair, same / similar mechanically to the Alfa Romeo I was considering earlier in the year.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
That looks great, i bet its good on fuel if you granny it around and thats all you need really!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I like, should be good on fuel Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys! Was too much of a bargain to miss so jumped at the chance to have it!

Its looks like independent springs all round which is nice, the two rears of which were advisories for being corroded.

Only £270 a year FC too!

The 205 can get some serious over haul now! Pure slag!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Congrats on the job, who took you on??

Erm nice Essex mobil mate, reem Wink

Seriously looks ok, seems cheap insurance, what tax band? How much??
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Essentially an Oil drill/sensor production company in Somerton. Re writing software from scratch for the sensors in C++ with 4 other guys so should be fun!

Its Group 6 (similar to HDi), £175 a year tax, £270 insurance, 10 months MOT and I didn't pay above book for it which is £1650 (for poor condition), £3500 retail. Part of the reason its cheap is that it has lacquer peel in various places!

Might be able to keep the Datsun on the road over summer along side it!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
56 plate with corroded springs?! Sure don't make em' like they used to!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2014, 11:55 PM)silverzx Wrote: Essentially an Oil drill/sensor production company in Somerton. Re writing software from scratch for the sensors in C++ with 4 other guys so should be fun!

Its Group 6 (similar to HDi), £175 a year tax, £270 insurance, 10 months MOT and I didn't pay above book for it which is £1650 (for poor condition), £3500 retail. Part of the reason its cheap is that it has lacquer peel in various places!

Good stuff mate, so when is the I've bought an bmw m3 knob jockey thread being posted lol

Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 09:57 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: 56 plate with corroded springs?! Sure don't make em' like they used to!

Mmm! Could just been Halfords being cowboys, getting the Toyota guys to give it a safety check before I take it home.

(06-03-2014, 10:36 AM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 11:55 PM)silverzx Wrote: Essentially an Oil drill/sensor production company in Somerton. Re writing software from scratch for the sensors in C++ with 4 other guys so should be fun!

Good stuff mate, so when is the I've bought an bmw m3 knob jockey thread being posted lol

Yeah, good stuff!

Hah, I hope thats directed at Danny!

I already have my Datsun & 205 thread up!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 11:06 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 09:57 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: 56 plate with corroded springs?! Sure don't make em' like they used to!

Mmm! Could just been Halfords being cowboys, getting the Toyota guys to give it a safety check before I take it home.

(06-03-2014, 10:36 AM)devils_fuel Wrote:

Yeah, good stuff!

Hah, I hope thats directed at Danny!

I already have my Datsun & 205 thread up!

No, aimed at you lol

With your posh job you'll get an m3, then oakleys and before you know you'll be a tool on the road lol

Coming to Zacs on 05/04/14?

Thanks given by:
You need to use tar remover like Tardis or Oblitarate to remove those deposits, they'll come off with a microfibre cloth - no need to clay that.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 11:38 AM)devils_fuel Wrote: No, aimed at you lol

With your posh job you'll get an m3, then oakleys and before you know you'll be a tool on the road lol

Coming to Zacs on 05/04/14?

Hah.. Won't see me in a M3! Jap/French all the way! Big Grin Oh wait, I have a fiat.. TMI Censored

I'm going up that way tomorrow to get these Cyclones, if I'm free I'll try pop along, no promises though! I really need to sort my shed/workshop out as it's full of crap and needs a lick of paint and shelfs fitting etc!

(06-03-2014, 11:55 AM)C2K Wrote: You need to use tar remover like Tardis or Oblitarate to remove those deposits, they'll come off with a microfibre cloth - no need to clay that.

OK mate, thanks for the advice I'll take it on board!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Rather vibrant colour there

Time to break out the tools on the 205!
Thanks given by:
Trent I am going to zacs on the 05/04/14 not tomorrow lol

Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 03:21 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Rather vibrant colour there

Time to break out the tools on the 205!

Yeaaaaaaah buddy! Big Grin

(06-03-2014, 03:37 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Trent I am going to zacs on the 05/04/14 not tomorrow lol

I know hah! But thats around my first week at new job so might have loads of C++ to be revising! I'll see how it goes!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
dude, its ginger :p
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
oooh trent

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
It's a ginger ninja.

Not being funny but I see HDi's that are 6 years older going for more money!

It's an all right car!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by: