new black phase 1!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new black phase 1!
collected the pug tonight after needing a car i can travel long distances and although the suzuki was great fun off roading it wasnt a practical daily driver so i collect myself a nice black phase one all in all a happy guy. now the first annoying problem is the central locking, no matter which lock you lock it with it doesnt activate the central locking, have checked all the fuses and nothing. which relay should i check?
any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Thanks given by:
Not sure if there is a relay for the central locking? Someone will confirm.

Normal problem with the central locking is broken wires in the door looms, normally leaves it locking and unlocking again. Could have been dodgy and then the previous owner got fed up with it and disconnected all the wiring in the doors?
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Harky Wrote:Not sure if there is a relay for the central locking? Someone will confirm.

Normal problem with the central locking is broken wires in the door looms, normally leaves it locking and unlocking again. Could have been dodgy and then the previous owner got fed up with it and disconnected all the wiring in the doors?

There might be a relay under the rear passenger seats I'm not 100% sure on ph1 though.
Thanks given by:
could of done....you should see the state of some of the wiring .... boost gauge wired to headlights .....at the bulb and thanks ill have a look
Thanks given by:
pistolpete Wrote:collected the pug tonight after needing a car i can travel long distances and although the suzuki was great fun off roading it wasnt a practical daily driver so i collect myself a nice black phase one all in all a happy guy. now the first annoying problem is the central locking, no matter which lock you lock it with it doesnt activate the central locking, have checked all the fuses and nothing. which relay should i check?
any help would be appreciated, thanks.

you had a suzuki 4x4 and got a pug?!

sounds familier some how...

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1573
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
In regard to the central locking issue I would have a look at the wiring to the doors for a start as that is your normal "problem spot" as said already, and is a common reason for the central locking not working!

Do you have electric windows and/or mirrors and do they work?

I would also sort the wiring for the boost gauge if its wired to the headlights Confusedhock: sort it out properly man! Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
well had a look this morning and the door loom is buggered so going to pull the loom off of my old phase 2 (the one i rolled) and solder that in and i will take a picture of the crap boost gauge install before i rip it out.... the wires come out of the passenger door and the pipe comes out of the drivers door.... i wish people would do things properly!
Thanks given by:
Get some pics up! Black ph1 ftw
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
pistolpete Wrote:well had a look this morning and the door loom is buggered so going to pull the loom off of my old phase 2 (the one i rolled) and solder that in and i will take a picture of the crap boost gauge install before i rip it out.... the wires come out of the passenger door and the pipe comes out of the drivers door.... i wish people would do things properly!

what suzuki did you have?

Thanks given by:
a couple of pics... it has orange wheels unfortunately and i think the rear beam is worn too as the wheels scrub and even with cyclones its pretty damn close, also i think it has been maintained by mickey mouse you should see the state of some of the jobs that have been done!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
This came from Norwich/Yarmouth way right? Orange spoiler too?
Thanks given by:
lol that wiring is the best lash up I have seen for a while, what was wrong with the wiring at the back of the stereo? lol! clearly its much easier to wire it to the front of the engine bay! hahahaha

At least your sorting it mate Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
yeah thats it i picked it up from acle, got any history on it? or just seen it about? and did the owner have huge ears and a girlfriend called minnie?
Thanks given by:
pistolpete Wrote:a couple of pics... it has orange wheels unfortunately and i think the rear beam is worn too as the wheels scrub and even with cyclones its pretty damn close, also i think it has been maintained by mickey mouse you should see the state of some of the jobs that have been done!

loving the wheels! had to get rid of it for the same reason as you.

SPOA lift or just a lift kit?

Thanks given by:
Ed_van_Dijk Wrote:This came from Norwich/Yarmouth way right? Orange spoiler too?

If its the one I think it is, then yes. A guy local round here had it for a while, then sold it to somebody I know quite well in Acle, who recently had it up for sale.

I had a look round it and under the bonnet a few weeks back and I have to agree, some stuff has been pretty badly bodged, but nothing that a few hours work cant fix Smile

If you want any work or tuning done on it Pete, you know where I am Wink
Thanks given by:
loving the wheels! had to get rid of it for the same reason as you.

SPOA lift or just a lift kit?[/quote]

out of interest...what mpg were you getting? its got add a leaf and lift shackles that are supposed to give extra articulation but with the solid suspension it doesnt work as well.
Thanks given by:
pistolpete Wrote:yeah thats it i picked it up from acle, got any history on it? or just seen it about? and did the owner have huge ears and a girlfriend called minnie?

No just seen it about sometimes
Thanks given by:
i had a 1.6 16v vitara.
Got just about 33 mpg out of it just using it on motorways. still have a set of bull bars i need rid of lol

Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
Ed_van_Dijk Wrote:This came from Norwich/Yarmouth way right? Orange spoiler too?

If its the one I think it is, then yes. A guy local round here had it for a while, then sold it to somebody I know quite well in Acle, who recently had it up for sale.

I had a look round it and under the bonnet a few weeks back and I have to agree, some stuff has been pretty badly bodged, but nothing that a few hours work cant fix Smile

If you want any work or tuning done on it Pete, you know where I am Wink

thanks dan yeah the guy i bought it from was his dad and he said his son had the mechanical knowledge of a woman....which made me chuckle. but all the work and bodges were done by the previous owner i think.

also i think silly stuff has been done like the wrong size ball joint put in meaning the inside of a nearly new tyre is worn out. but like you say nothing that a few hours wont sort!
Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:i had a 1.6 16v vitara.
Got just about 33 mpg out of it just using it on motorways. still have a set of bull bars i need rid of lol

wow wish i got that much out of it.... this week just gone i got 16mpg!!! i think the carb needs sorting!
Thanks given by:
you know of any one that has a vit and wants some bull bars? going to stick them up on ebay. they have spots that just need wiring in too!

should swap the engine out for a 16v lump. has more torque and is genraly better!

Thanks given by:
pistolpete Wrote:thanks dan yeah the guy i bought it from was his dad and he said his son had the mechanical knowledge of a woman....which made me chuckle. but all the work and bodges were done by the previous owner i think.

also i think silly stuff has been done like the wrong size ball joint put in meaning the inside of a nearly new tyre is worn out. but like you say nothing that a few hours wont sort!

Haha, yeah that sounds like him lol But your right, he's only had the car a few months and hasnt really done much or changed anything, all the bodges were from previous owners.

And the guy asked me a week or so ago about doing a bottom ball joint for him, and I said I could (for a price) but he obviously did it himself lol

Needs a bosch pump............ whistle
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
pistolpete Wrote:thanks dan yeah the guy i bought it from was his dad and he said his son had the mechanical knowledge of a woman....which made me chuckle. but all the work and bodges were done by the previous owner i think.

Haha, yeah that sounds like him lol But your right, he's only had the car a few months and hasnt really done much or changed anything, all the bodges were from previous owners.

And the guy asked me a week or so ago about doing a bottom ball joint for him, and I said I could (for a price) but he obviously did it himself lol

Needs a bosch pump............ whistle

yeah he did it himself but he should of done the whole arm as the P bushes are going as well! haha yeah you are right but ill get everything else working first! also i have a spare engine from my old one and im toying with the idea of sorting that one out to just drop the engine in .... when this one goes pop. lol
Thanks given by:
^^ lol got to love the optimism here, "when it goes pop" no if in sight!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
OMG this car is poo! im sorry but i know the old owner and well.........
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
btw it has been runnning veg oil on a lucas :S

Thanks given by:
Mowle5677 Wrote:btw it has been runnning veg oil on a lucas :S

Oh well, the lack of optimism earlier perhaps wasn't so misplaced after all! get that spare engine at the ready lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Mowle5677 Wrote:btw it has been runnning veg oil on a lucas :S

Oh well, the lack of optimism earlier perhaps wasn't so misplaced after all! get that spare engine at the ready lol

haha yeah indeed!! how much did he pay?

Thanks given by:
Mowle, my battery just died, hence the phone call cutting short! lol

Pete, youv got your work cut out here, but im sure its all do-able - just keep another black phase1 alive! :romance-inlove:
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Mowle, my battery just died, hence the phone call cutting short! lol

Pete, youv got your work cut out here, but im sure its all do-able - just keep another black phase1 alive! :romance-inlove:

ah.... sounds like you have learnt a bit about it..... ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  black phase 1 pistolpete 2 811 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Tyronnster
Thumbs Up black phase 1 DT with Bosch on ebay looks ok . . Mattcheese31 3 1,387 17-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Chris_90