Hello fellow 306 owners

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello fellow 306 owners
Tongue 
Hello im dave i have a 306 hdi. Ive had a few cars in the past mainly vauxhalls. My last car was a 307 hdi which i hated every part of. I had a drive of the 306 and thought thats better only standard at the moment thinking of a stage 1 map straight through exhaust and lower it 40mm once ive driven it for a while to find all the niggles the car has and get them sorted first. Also where have they hid the storage space and the cupholder in the 306 Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome, The ph3 does come with lack of storage space, a lot of people remove the passenger air bag and stick the ph1 top glove box in Tongue
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile

Pretty shure there are guide's on here for interior oe mods ThumbsUp
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
And fit an aftermarket centre arm rest, these come with cupholders.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[Image: 7xa7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Think I can make out a 306 through some of the pixels...am I right? I know ita green! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info never thought of the centre arm rest will look in to them. The second glovebox is a great idea as i have a pen in the standard one, not sure if i will be able to fit in anything else.

Yea the picture is abit smaller than i planned
Thanks given by:
Got my sat nav in there, pretty much it, I had to use my door pockets to hold my fags Tongue
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club Smile.

(04-03-2014, 12:14 AM)Piggy Wrote: Think I can make out a 306 through some of the pixels...am I right? I know ita green! lol

Click it, you tart Wink.
Thanks given by:
Im removing my aircon, will be fitting a non aircon lower glovebox too...so much bigger!
Dont forget you have a little tray under passenger seat though for service book...I keep me first aid in there too.

And there is a huge boot!

(04-03-2014, 12:18 AM)Curt Wrote: Welcome to the club Smile.

(04-03-2014, 12:14 AM)Piggy Wrote: Think I can make out a 306 through some of the pixels...am I right? I know ita green! lol

Click it, you tart Wink.

Buy a 306 you morron! Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Who says I don't have one...?

Edited your picture for you, Dave.
Thanks given by:
Thanks curt first time using my phone on a forum.
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club dave. Youve got the right idea of mods for the HDI. Decat and stage 1. Unfortunately there arent any cup holders in the 306 and the glove box is tiny if you have aircon! D: You can remove the passenger air bag and fit an upper glove box but probably better to have the airbag.
Thanks given by:
I have a couple of questions just hope they dont make me look backward. Firstly when getting stage 1 map on the hdi does it require a manual boost controller or is boost controlled by ecu also is lowering the rear end as complicated as it sounds reading guides and watching youtube vids. Lowered most cars i have owned but always coilovers.
Thanks given by:
Okay so with the Map you just stick it on. You dont need to add a manual boost controller or anything. A decat helps a bit.

And lowering.... yeh the rear is a bitch. The bars come out of a 106 and 206 easily... but not out of a 306! D:
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 12:18 AM)Piggy Wrote: Im removing my aircon, will be fitting a non aircon lower glovebox too...so much bigger!
Dont forget you have a little tray under passenger seat though for service book...I keep me first aid in there too.

And there is a huge boot!

(04-03-2014, 12:18 AM)Curt Wrote: Welcome to the club Smile.

Click it, you tart Wink.

Buy a 306 you morron! Tongue

Where Is This Tray You Speak Off. I do not have one!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks and as columbo would say just 1 more question with a decent stage 1 map will it smoke alot as all the 306s i see round the durham area do a very convincing james bond style smoke screen (sorry to ask what are probs simple questions but the only diesels i have worked on are 1.5td corsas which are more along the lines of a xud)
Thanks given by:
The old xud will smoke like a bitch when tuned. But the newer hdis don't smoke that much, I get a little cough out of mine on stage 1. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys more excited than a kid on christmas morning to start messing with the 306.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile Get a project thread up Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Lowering the torsion bar isn't complicated as such, it just becomes a pain when the bars are seized in. There's plenty of good guides about to follow, I'd recommend soaking the rear end in Plusgas (not WD40, it's shit) everyday a fair while before you start, just to give you every chance. Hopefully you get lucky and it's not too bad, if you're going to have trouble it'll be with the O/S bar.
Thanks given by:
Lowering the back is ok untill you find out its seized then it makes job abit harder other than that like said above keep soaking it untill you do the job an gives you abit of hope when you come to do it Smile

an your right the storage is atrocious in the 306 got the passenger airbag all though on all my previous 306s they have had top glovebox instead of airbag just this one hasn't so gotta pile everything in door pocket or litle tray under heater switches an that theres a lower glovebox on mine you can put a key in but didn't get that key with car so thats never been open.

An its more the xud's that do the smoking as there mechanially tuned i.e. fuel an turbo turned up manually where as with hdi you get a remap to adjust your fuel an turbo on the ecu.
Thanks given by:
Hello guys a couple of little changes so far
[Image: CAM00079.jpg][/URL][/img]

[Image: 20140416_164454.jpg][/URL][/img]

[Image: 20140420_143530.jpg][/URL][/img]
[Image: 20140420_143546.jpg][/URL][/img]

So far I have debadged the back end blackmasked the headlights, new number plates. Fitted freshly painted satin black cyclones aswell as the front badge. My favorite modification so far is snapping the drivers door handle off so I have to climb through the passenger side. Beginning to think every time I fix something on the 306 something else breaks.

[Image: 20140420_143530.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fellow Enthusiasts Smokey Smokes 0 1,036 09-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Smokey Smokes
  Yo fellow pug owners. 306 battery discharging. malagoo 0 835 02-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Last Post: malagoo
  Hello fellow Piggi drivers steveizz 6 2,115 26-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Herby7