glossing up black bumpers and trim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
glossing up black bumpers and trim
I'm sure this has been discussed in depth before, I've searched black bumpers and when stuff about fuel pumps kept coming up I gave up

Anyway, my black bits (ahem) are certainly not black anymore. They're beyond back to black stuff, so that idea is out the window. I've heard of a trick with a blow torch and seen the results (very very good), but I don't want the matt black cheap plastic look anyway so I'm thinking of painting them. I'm going to stick with black as matching it would be a pain and one shade out would stick out a mile away. (Keep thinking a bronze or gold colour would look nice on my midnight blue car, but really trying to resist in case it turns out terrible!) Would standard exterior gloss paint work or am I being too hopeful? The car is a 405, not got full black bumpers, maybe just a quarter of it. (Here comes he gold temptation again) so I'm not going to start taking bits off and replacing them, or the whole bumper, or spend a fortune. I'm not that bothered, would just like it spruced up a bit. Any suggestions welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
I'd personally rub the bumper back,primer it and use a halfords paint(spray) then laqueur it a few times should come out very glossy Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: