Odd indicator issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd indicator issue
My phase 2 has developed a fault with the indicators, they basically don't come on at all and don't flash,instead the relay buzzes like crazy. This was an intermittent fault at first but has developed today to the point where it does not go away. It doesn't buzz unless you try to indicate and the hazard lights work fine. I have changed the relay and swapped the switch with one from a breaker today to no effect, I even tried cleaning the switch up and all contacts etc. look ok. Does anyone have any idea what else it could be? Cheers, Kev.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a blown bulb or a short circuit somewhere in the circuit. Look at the indicator bulbs first mate.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
All bulbs are ok, the fuse is good too. It seems to happen at random too, it eventually worked for a few hours this afternoon but just failed again on the drive home. I'm wondering if there may be an earth fault somewhere or if the switch I got wasn't really any better than the original, new replacements seem cheap enough so I may just go with one of those to rule out a bad switch.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2014, 08:50 PM)Control_67 Wrote: All bulbs are ok, the fuse is good too. It seems to happen at random too, it eventually worked for a few hours this afternoon but just failed again on the drive home. I'm wondering if there may be an earth fault somewhere or if the switch I got wasn't really any better than the original, new replacements seem cheap enough so I may just go with one of those to rule out a bad switch.

Might be worth checking the earthing definitely! Cheapest option first
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Earth fault behind one of the head lamps or a bad stalk
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Righto, I'll crack out the wet and dry and contact cleaner tomorrow and set about the earth points.
Thanks given by:
Crackling/buzzing noise from the cowling area was the stalk on my old 106.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Update: I have been trying to fix this over the last few days with no real success, it still works intermittently for varying lengths of time but probably about halt of the time it just buzzes at me. Here's where I'm at:

New switch and flasher, cleaned switch didn't work, Bypassing switch with jumper wires still just buzzed, hazards work, all bulbs light up ok on hazards and indicator fuse is good, all lights work ok so I'm ruling out the ground behind the light units.

I'm wondering what would make the flasher just buzz rather than stick open or closed, could it be that there's an intermittent short somewhere between the switch and the flasher causing it to get too little current? Looking at the wiring diagram in the Haynes it suggests that one pin on the flasher is for the indicators, one for hazards and a ground, that could explain why the hazards still work ok.

I'm at the point of calling in a pro to look at it, seriously the electrics on my Italian motorbike are easier to work out than this.
Thanks given by:
Turned out it was the hazard switch going open circuit and cutting the supply for the flasher. Cleaned up for now but a new switch is on its way, so far so good.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indicator Issue Kezzieboy 4 952 27-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Indicator / Hazzard Issue rocker8742 5 1,385 30-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Last Post: rocker8742
  CORSA- indicator issue Kimmie 30 5,496 17-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Niall