Whats it worth? S16...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats it worth? S16...
Well that pretty much sums up what I was (obviously) going to say :p

All I knew was that the S16 was a development of the Mi16 as found in the 405(?)

In fact the more I think about it the less I actually know.

Didn't the WRC efforts use a tuned S16 engine capable of 9krpm as opposed to the GTi6 engine? As the Maxi WRC cars were 1997-98 I think?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Is it a nice engine to drive with? Do the revs pick up nicely etc? Does it feel spritely or lazy?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 10:47 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Is it a nice engine to drive with? Do the revs pick up nicely etc? Does it feel spritely or lazy?

Surely thats all relative...you could make either the gti6 engine or s16 do all the above with different mods or lack of
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 10:48 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(25-02-2014, 10:47 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Is it a nice engine to drive with? Do the revs pick up nicely etc? Does it feel spritely or lazy?

Surely thats all relative...you could make either the gti6 engine or s16 do all the above with different mods or lack of

I mean standard, just wondering how subjectively different they seem to drive with purely out of interest really..
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Has anyone got a standard gti6 anymore?! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 11:08 AM)Piggy Wrote: Has anyone got a standard gti6 anymore?! lol

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Well, other than an induction kit. My last one was totally std. as well.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Didnt realise the S16 had such a massive following lol
Thanks given by:
Seems like you found a hidden treasure!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Just looking at the inlet manifold on the s16 last night too can kind of tell it's the most restrictive part of the engine, much narrower than the gti6 version, and smaller again than the mi16 it's based on. Has the curled over inlets from the plenum, typical of emissions controlled nonsense that ruined so many brilliant engines :-\

As said though, spend some dollar on it, some itbs and itl be a beast :-D

Tempted to buy it myself if I have space when matt comes to sell it :-P
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 01:15 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Just looking at the inlet manifold on the s16 last night too can kind of tell it's the most restrictive part of the engine, much narrower than the gti6 version, and smaller again than the mi16 it's based on. Has the curled over inlets from the plenum, typical of emissions controlled nonsense that ruined so many brilliant engines :-\

As said though, spend some dollar on it, some itbs and itl be a beast :-D

Tempted to buy it myself if I have space when matt comes to sell it :-P

Angel not you as well! lol already had 3 PM's asking a price and i havent even picked it up yet lol
Thanks given by:
Mwuhahahaha, il start pestering my sister to get her mini out of my workshop so I have room :-P
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
well if i keep buying them at this rate im going to need a workshop like yours lol

Gotta pickup and strip the XSi this weekend AND pickup / inspect the S16 Big Grin girlfriend is probably going to remove my bank card from me lol
Thanks given by:
Tbf there aint really many S16s on here. I got 1 and jonny b has 1. Cant think of anyone else till you get yours Smile

There are getting pretty rare now though and can be brought pretty cheap on ebay when the pop up very now and again as not many people know how rare they rare etc. I paid £200 for mine with a noise gearbox which as i have said i changed for a 6 speed. I have had 3 S16s all together that i have brought off ebay and the most i have paid is £275
Thanks given by:
jonny hasnt got his any more
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 01:47 PM)Just Sean Wrote: jonny hasnt got his any more

I guess no one on here brought it then?
Thanks given by:
Wow...bargain prices...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That is rock bottom! but like you say you have had to put a gearbox in it and people dont think theyre anything rare or special.

Hopefully i havent got to do much to mine mechanically, just a heater matrix & service / whatever it needs for an MOT.

Will definately be putting a cambelt / water pump on it before i sell it though Smile
Thanks given by:
I have one, Not that's there's allot left of it now as it's my old Race car, the Shell will be coming up for sale soon thou, Mine cost £300.00 10 years ago with a knocking bottom end
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Get some pics up chap Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 01:50 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(25-02-2014, 01:47 PM)Just Sean Wrote: jonny hasnt got his any more

I guess no one on here brought it then?

I believe not, and i also believe it might be up for sale again in the near future
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 gti 6, 131k. whats it worth? j_carter 7 1,477 26-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Paisleycheesewarrior
  Whats it worth (All the 306s!) Toms306 8 4,595 19-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Whats it Worth? Toms306 7 2,181 10-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Toms306