Front bumper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front bumper
Hi all.

On my hdi, between the front grill and the top of the bumper there is a slight gap.
I was wondering if there's anything that's causing this or is it time for a new bumper?

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Undone the bolts that hold the bumper on and then get someone to hold the bumper up and do the bumper bolts back up
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 02:00 PM)Frosty Wrote: Undone the bolts that hold the bumper on and then get someone to hold the bumper up and do the bumper bolts back up

Cheers frosty! Smile. Didn't realise it would be something that simple.
Thanks given by:
You might find that it'll be still sag a little in the middle even after you've done that though - seems to be a common-ish thing.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 02:05 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: You might find that it'll be still sag a little in the middle even after you've done that though - seems to be a common-ish thing.

Yeah I've seen a couple before with the middle a little saggy. But I'll do what Frosty said and see how it goes Smile
Thanks given by:
There are white adjusters at each end of the bumper that can be turned to allow the bumper to sit further forwards/backwards and upwards/downwards.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Are the three fixing points underneath the bumper intact? because if they are broken that would cause your front bumper to sag a little.Hmm
Thanks given by:
Cable ties will help solve this.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha liking the cable tie one!

Pretty sure all the fixing points underneath are in tact from what I can remember but will have a look over the weekend.
Thanks given by:
I used 30 cable ties to fix my bumper. The mounts and grille had come away. Yeh its always a bit saggy but forcing it up and doing the bolts up will make a big difference!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aero catch front bumper Slam Wagon 5 1,315 04-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Front bumper alignment rd070707 19 3,402 08-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  front bumper removal help ? titch 8 1,861 11-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Last Post: titch