The 405

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 405
Going to view this Saturday.

[attachment=13719]

Been off road since 2001 1.6 glx, perfect kind of project for me! Will do the following. Xud conversion, with mi16 arches and rub strip. Not forgetting the front bumper! Retro motoring.
Thanks given by:
13 years stood outside yup that's going to be fooked I'v seen dry stored vehicles in a terrible condition that's had them scrapped
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Will be taking a very good look over it before hand!
Thanks given by:
WANT!!! I'm after one of those, you're brave taking that on though...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Even that 306 can see signs of utter scrap...

good luck with it! be maticulous when looking over it!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
The 306 is a 1.4 tu , was parked up back in 1999 after only 4 years on the road from new! Bit of a waste really
Thanks given by:
They have both been parked on grass and hes dreaming about price ...stsrting bid was low on ebay but has told people he wa ts 300 each for them
Thanks given by:
Hope that you can save the 405 would really love one myself. What a shame about the 306 I dont understand how someone can have a car 4 years then just leave it.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 10:59 AM)gavxud Wrote: They have both been parked on grass and hes dreaming about price ...stsrting bid was low on ebay but has told people he wa ts 300 each for them

Well £300 I wouldn't even bother wasting diesel to go see it! Theres a price set which is temping.
Thanks given by:
Phone some local scrap yards (to him) and see what price they'd pay to collect it (I recon under £100)
Match or better that price by a tenner if you think it's worth it.

Personally I recon the floorpan will have damn near fallen out and it'll probably break in half when you try and move it.

Total wreck, sellers a moron.
Thanks given by:
i dont get it with people fair enough a car stood a year or 2 while sorting something. but to clearly have them stood for 10+ years do these people really have that much money to have a car wasting away like that get them flogged sooner while theres some value there its not as if there even anything special just run of the mill models
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I've had a hankering after a nice saloon for awhile now. If I have a reason to get another car, I would be considering a 405 definitely. Shame they are as rare as hen's teeth these days!
Thanks given by:
Er, but there's loads about... Hmm

Much better, only £95 more, comes with T&T and same owner from new (or near as): http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1048139222

Or there's this one for more money, but seems to be ready to drive daily: http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1049514098

Just had a look at what was within reasonable distance of the op, there's loads more about if you look properly.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Why not just buy an xud 405 to save yourself the trouble?

The estates are the only ones worth anything other than the ultra rare mi16 or Le mans.

I've come across many 405 td's with tax and test for less than £400. Would have another but only a minter, Cba to source parts, I've had 4 of them so far and it was getting too hard to find decent bits.

Always looking for another mi16 though....
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That will be scrap yard fodder for sure. What a clow, who parks up and abandons a 4 year old car.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Well turns out it a rot box, oh well. If I was someone who new these in side and out and had good contacts, it would of been worlth buying to strip it, So the body panels (Regardless of paint work) Was in very good shape.

Will be looking on getting myself a xud 306 in the next week. Stick to what I no best!.
Thanks given by:
There's a 405 MI16 here in oz where I am... Not only is any kind of French car rare as fook but its an MI16 too!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Least it leaves you some money to pay for your calendar Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What was the sellers reaction when you told him it was a rusted out pile of crap?

He surely can't have been surprised???
Thanks given by: