Strange wobble?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange wobble?
Hi all this is getting worse since I first noticed it the other day.

When pulling away or changing gear into low rpm I get a big wobble from the gear stick and through every pedal? Got to the stage I don't want to drive the car.

I checked the stabiliser mount which seemed new. Could it be the other two?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, will most likely be the top mount if your bottom mount is fine.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Check that the top engine mount cup hasn't cracked.
Thanks given by:
Same symptoms I got when the top cam belt side mount ripped out on my p1 dt ...quick weld and all was good again
Thanks given by:
cheers guys I will have a look tomorrow Big Grin Doesn't look to hard to take off?
Thanks given by:
Wobbling/vibration under load can be a sign that the driveshaft inner CV's are dying, although that's usually worse under load and at higher speeds in my experience. If the engine mounts look OK it's worth checking out.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 10:07 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Wobbling/vibration under load can be a sign that the driveshaft inner CV's are dying, although that's usually worse under load and at higher speeds in my experience. If the engine mounts look OK it's worth checking out.

From doing a health check on the running gear yesterday I did find a leaking Cv boot on the n/s outer gator. So I would need to take this drive shaft off to replace. So it would be worth checking both while im at it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gearstick wobble doski 13 2,795 20-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Last Post: toseland