My new toy... The Shaguar.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new toy... The Shaguar.
Hi,

So after a couple of weeks of umming and arring which car to take to the Nurburgring later in the year, and finally coming to the conclusion I can't afford to smash up the wife's daily Nissan 350z.. we set to looking for a car to take over with some power, style and comfort.

Well today, we headed down to Leicester and picked up this bad boy:

[Image: 1653314_10151911866376339_1486527676_n_zps7f349b03.jpg]

[Image: 1621804_10151910676521339_795344339_n_zpsb438fd71.jpg]

[Image: 995803_10151911867281339_2087909219_n_zpsb426c2ec.jpg]

4 litres, an Eaton 'charger wailing away and absolute luxury, electric everything...

Chuffed :-)

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
needs a tow bar then you can tow your 6 over Big Grin
Thanks given by:
An automatic for the ring?

Am I right in thinking it's the 6 pot being the 4.0?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
All late 90s xjr's are 4.0 whether 6 pot or 8 pot. This is a 6 pot. More reliable but sadly less power.

Yeah, autos are great for the long drive over there, and hilarious trying to spoon round the ring.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I don't understand the logic of this car.

Surely just take the '6?
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 09:48 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: I don't understand the logic of this car.

Surely just take the '6?

Exactly this, 6 on the ring is great fun apart from the slight lack of torque

Nice to sleep in too!
Thanks given by:
I'm out of love with the 6 ATM.

Plus, it's noisy, uncomfortable, hot and awful to drive on the motorway...
JP
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 09:53 PM)jammapic Wrote: I'm out of love with the 6 ATM.

Plus, it's noisy, uncomfortable, hot and awful to drive on the motorway...

Thanks given by:
Loving the jag
Thanks given by:
Nice.Can imagine they helishly expensive to repair.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Nice barge, keep looking at Xj sports myself as they're so much car for so little money
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
My neighbour has an XJS V8 twin turbo for sale. Much want but just too juicy really.
Always liked Jags.Like yours.
Thanks given by:
Huge amount of car for the money the XJR's.

I know that you can get some scary bills from them, particularly examples that haven't been cared for, but I'm slightly baffled as to why they're so cheap when the equivilent German super-saloon they compared well against when new is several times the price.

I do wonder if you haven't gone rather too far with the GTi-6 though if you've made it so compromised that you don't want to drive it - after all, it's a bit pointless being a touch quicker on track if it's now so noisy/stiff/uncomfortable to drive it to the track in the first place. Certainly I've driven over to the 'Ring plenty of times and even in stripped out 205's it's been fine on the autoroute jaunt over there without the need to stop.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
That's exactly it mate, gone too far with the GTi and it's fooking awful, except when it's on a lovely smooth track...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I have been eyeing up Xtypes and XJR's just lately lol

Got alot of respect for the choice my man Smile
Thanks given by:
nearly bought one of the older ones last year, then i saw the price of parts... LOL

this has nearly changed my mind though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfQ4jzUEwU

yank engines can be gotten cheap Tongue
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Lovely cars these.

Would you mind pm'ing me what you paid?

Want to buy one to donate an engine to my car Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Course Grant.

I love it. So quick, so quiet and so gansta!! :-)

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Niiiice! Big Grin

Not sure I'd want to take it round the 'ring, but for the drive there looks like a good choice!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 12:48 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: Huge amount of car for the money the XJR's.

I know that you can get some scary bills from them, particularly examples that haven't been cared for, but I'm slightly baffled as to why they're so cheap when the equivilent German super-saloon they compared well against when new is several times the price.

I do wonder if you haven't gone rather too far with the GTi-6 though if you've made it so compromised that you don't want to drive it - after all, it's a bit pointless being a touch quicker on track if it's now so noisy/stiff/uncomfortable to drive it to the track in the first place. Certainly I've driven over to the 'Ring plenty of times and even in stripped out 205's it's been fine on the autoroute jaunt over there without the need to stop.

Mate Simon had one, it drank fuel at a scary rate.
Thanks given by:
get it drifted!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 02:32 PM)John1.4 Wrote: nearly bought one of the older ones last year, then i saw the price of parts... LOL

this has nearly changed my mind though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfQ4jzUEwU

yank engines can be gotten cheap Tongue

ROADKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
Thanks given by:
So....

I've ordered a new exhaust manifold, a performance timing bracket (to give more static timing) and I'm just talking to a company about making me a custom crank pulley to speed up the charger (as smaller reduction pulleys are known to slip on these).

All those mods together should give, circa 50hp gain, and will take me tantalisingly close to 400hp....

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
did you say you had euro breakdown cover Tongue
Thanks given by:
I do.. yes! Smile
JP
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 12:48 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: but I'm slightly baffled as to why they're so cheap when the equivilent German super-saloon they compared well against when new is several times the price.

Because they aren't German is why. Jaguar did make some shitty cars. Take the XJS for example, they rot to pieces and your lucky to buy one now days that you don't have to collect in a bag but realistically, they are much better than most of the german executive market. Prices aren't that expensive if you go to the right places but go to a main dealers and you will feel it (They used to charge £110 a hour labour at the dealers my old man used to work at and that was back in 2003!)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 12:36 PM)Pete Wrote: Nice barge, keep looking at Xj sports myself as they're so much car for so little money

Great cars pal, my mate has an X300 XJ6 3.2 Sport on an N plate, cost him £1200 two years ago and it's never really gone wrong. I lent it to go to Hull for the rugby, cruising at 70 on the M62 I averaged 35mpg which I think is pretty amazing.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Get that thing on lpg...

They love it and you will love the cheap fuel!

Wonderful motor
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think one of the main reasons they are so cheap is the 30mpg on a run, single figures when punching it. :-)

Been speaking to Chip Wizard about getting it in for mapping too.

All good fun Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2014, 09:35 PM)jammapic Wrote: I think one of the main reasons they are so cheap is the 30mpg on a run, single figures when punching it. :-)

Been speaking to Chip Wizard about getting it in for mapping too.

All good fun Smile

JP

I wouldn't say that was why, I mean 30mpg on a run is fine with 300bhp+. It's because Jags have the old man image where BMW/Merc/Audi are the fashionable cars. I prefer the image of a Jag, the Krays drove Jags, Steve McQueen had a Jag, Marlon Brando collected them. On the other hand, David Beckham likes Audis...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: