Preventative maintenance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preventative maintenance
So as some of you will know the fuel pump and then the head gasket went on my 205 in quick succession and im just wondering if there are any other things that commonly go on these XUD's

A little bit about the car - The car has been sat for 7 years before I came along and bought it which i understand is why im seeing lots of problems cause sitting a car up for a long time is pretty bad for it.

Since iv had the car iv - bought just before christmas :L :
Replaced the fuel lines and filter
Changed the oil and filter
Replaced the antifreeze
Replaced the fuel Pump
Replaced the Head gasket
Sorted Many Many Boost Leaks
Sorted Many Water/coolant Leaks

So before something raises its ugly head id like to shoot it down so what else is common to decide to give me difficulties

Iv heard the oil cooler is pretty bad on these ?
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
Anything rubber, so seals ect tend to perish which I guess is why your boost hoses and fuel lines have gone. Your gasket was a fibre one right? That's a given, and your fluids would naturally need to be done. Expect your tyres to be cracked, and you might need to do the brake fluid and maybe the heater matrix might go possibly if the ally has corroded. Your air filter would probably need to be changed.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Id take a look at the flexible brake pipes as well.
Thanks given by:
Brake hoses are the flexible ones. Brake pipes are the hard (giggidy) ones.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 04:47 AM)Dave Wrote: Anything rubber, so seals ect tend to perish which I guess is why your boost hoses and fuel lines have gone. Your gasket was a fibre one right? That's a given, and your fluids would naturally need to be done. Expect your tyres to be cracked, and you might need to do the brake fluid and maybe the heater matrix might go possibly if the ally has corroded. Your air filter would probably need to be changed.

Yeah gasket was a fibre one so ill take that on the chin

Tyres are cracked and i have replaced the heater matrix due to it flooding the car!
came with no air filter so put on a K&N style jobby on

Yeah new brake fluid forgot about that gotta be full of water by now

Ill check the flexi brake lines i know the rigid ones are an advisory on its mot but was going to replace with copper at some point
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
Cam belt and water pump engine wise and glow plugs too.

Then move onto suspension bits and brake hoses.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.9 TD Maintenance and queries Orta 30 5,064 12-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Mark