EGR Blanking plate or valve removal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR Blanking plate or valve removal?
Hey everyone, whats the best thing to get the most power? Removing the EGR blue plug? Or installing a blanking plate n the inlet elbow?

Whats the best thing for most power?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Neither will gain you power, they will just stop the exhaust gases recirculating, in turn stoping the sludge that forms in the inlet from getting worse (exhaust gases mixed with oil mist in the intake).
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2014, 03:25 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Neither will gain you power, they will just stop the exhaust gases recirculating, in turn stoping the sludge that forms in the inlet from getting worse (exhaust gases mixed with oil mist in the intake).

Yes but ive seen in forums that in return gives you a lttle power and better econnomy.

Not sure if its true. But seen that on a few threads from some high up users on here. So was unsure of best meathod.

Also do you think the inlet being clogged would cause damage/reduced power?
Thanks given by:
it will only gain lost power if you fitted valve is faulty
it will also Probably gain you a few MPG extra by fitting the blank/removing it totaly

i fitted a blank plate to mine and gained a few MPG back as i believe the valve was letting by
Thanks given by:
Blanking plate is a more definitive method of blocking it. As said above if your valve is leaking slightly then undoing the plug will leave that leak.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EGR Blanking Esmyth124 1 880 05-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  egr blanking pug306driver 7 1,165 11-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  egr blanking? JTaylor2005 4 1,166 21-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Last Post: shervo